chapter 23

Melody's point of view

"A little to the right please?" my voice echoed the indoor sports hall two weeks later.

"I think we should redecorate it," Courtney came in with a clipboard and a pen in her hands.

"Why?" I dropped my hands and the ladder that I was supporting wobbled.

"Hold me still, Melody!" A freshman girl on top of the ladder let out a shriek.

"Sorry, Michelle!" I quickly stopped the wobbling and turned to frown at Courtney.

"I mean the neon curtains are all over the place. I think we should replace it with the sheer ones," She suggested and I rolled my eyes.

"There are exactly three days left to the winter formal, Courtney. It will be too late to change it," The ladder I was holding shake and Michelle came down.

"I have time to help out if you're changing it, Courtney," Michelle spoke like the angel she is.

"Are you free right now or do you have a date with Laura?" I was pissed off.

"No, I don't. I'm just helping her with Mathematics," Courtney avoided my eyes and pretended to look around the gym that only Michelle and I decorated.

She went out to 'find' supplies and only two hours later she came back. I was furious at her.

"How about we just quickly get this done? Courtney, this is going to look much better once it's done," Michelle cut the tension between Courtney and me.

"Fine. Finish it up and you guys can go home. I need to go to the toilet real quick and I'll come back this time," Courtney sends us an apologetic look and scurried away.

I rolled my eyes, anger still hot in my veins. I unclenched my fists and snatched a sheer curtain laying on the floor. I muttered so many things that I shouldn't say out loud.

"Chill, Mel. Courtney's eyes will pop once we finish all of this. Have you picked out your outfit for the dance yet?" Michelle asked.

"No. Sherri and Jess have been busy and we could only go shopping tomorrow at the very last minute," I let out a long exaggerated sigh.

"Montgomery asked you to the dance, right?"

"Yes. He did," We quickly finish up the decorations and locked up with no sign of Courtney anywhere.

"She totally ditched us!" I gave up and went to the parking lot to find Monty.

"Who totally ditched you, baby?" He pulled me into a hug as I stormed my feet over to him.

"Courtney! She went to the toilet, as she says, and did not come back!" I folded my arms.

"Calm down, princess. Bryce is having a Halloween party. Wanna to have fun and lay off some steam?" He poked my sides and looked at him.

He had a goofy smile and pleading eyes. I narrowed my eyes at him. Most of the times, he didn't want us to a party but today? At Bryce's place? Then again, it is Halloween. My favourite time of the year. I gave in.

"Can we dress up?" I grinned.

"Hell no!" Monty's eyes went wide and immediately objected.

"Why not?" I quivered my lower lips and gave my best puppy eyes at him.

"It's just a party, babe. Why do you want to dress up?" He groaned.

"Because it's Halloween! Plus, I have an outfit that I want to show you, if you let me," I bit my lips and blink my eyes innocently.

I watch him bit his lips, watching me bit my lips. I grinned and cheered.

"Yay! I'll be Alice and you'll be the rabbit!" I giggled and hugged his waist.

"What?!" He did not hug me back.

"I'm just kidding. I just want to take this. I'm driving!" I took his car keys from his back pocket and skipped to the driver's seat.

"Babe," he whines and got into the passenger seat next to me as I started the engine to drive to my house.

"Seriously though, if we're dressing up, what do you want to dress up as?" He slipped his hand on my thigh.

"Erm. Harley Quinn and you'll be Joker," I imagined him dyeing his hair green and exaggerated red lipstick.

"Hmmm. You'll be a hot Harley Quinn," His hand went up to my upper thigh.

"And you'll be my crazy and handsome Joker," I grinned at him and brake at a red light.

"Are going as them?"

"No. I was just kidding about the whole dressing up thing. I just want you to help me pick an outfit," I shrugged and we arrived at my house.

"Mitch went for a business trip to New York and he brought his family with him. We have the whole house to ourselves for two days," I went into the house.

"Hmmm, might as well have fun," He wrapped his arms around my waist as I look for food in the fridge.

"Or we can do homework," I untangled myself from him and went to my room.

"Babe," He chased after me.

"You're being a needy boyfriend. I don't like it," I sulked.

"But I want you," He came closer to me.

"Don't force me, De La Cruz. If you think I'm cheap, you know where the door is. Let other sluts pleasure you if I can't," I spit.

He winced and I softened. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say things like that."

"Fine!" He snatched his hands away as I tried to reach them.

"Where are you going? I was just joking," Monty was already making his way out of my house.

"Are we still going to the party though?" I called after him.

He ignored me and went into his car, not even glancing back at me.

"OK. I'll call you later, baby," I watched him drive away.

"Fuck! Curse my awkwardness for sex," I slapped the sides of my head as I went into my room and immediately calling Jessica.

"Hello?"

"I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me but I push Montgomery away because I'm not ready for sex," I said in one breath.

"What? It's totally normal, Mel. Sheri, tell Melody that it's normal to not want sex," the phone became quiet.

"It's Monty, isn't it?" It was Sheri talking.

"Yes and we were going to Bryce's party. I told him that he could look for someone else if he is that desperate. I feel like he would," I paced around my room.

"No, he won't."

"How would you know that?"

"He is just out to clear his head. Don't worry. We'll come by after practice to dress you up. Get ready that red dress. He'll be apologising to you even if it was your fault."

"OK," We hang up and I tossed my phone on my bed.

I sighed and went to my closet to look for a red dress. It wasn't my favourite but Jessica and Sheri beg me to get it if I ever thought of sexy time with Monty. I could feel my cheek heating up as I caressed the red satin dress.

TBC
>vote, comment, share!<

Author's note

Thank you so much for 15K reads! This is such an achievement for me yet again! My goal is 20K reads and 500 votes by the end of the year! Could you guys help me with that? THANK YOU SO MUCH! by the way, it's the start of the halloween chapters.