chapter 16

Melody's point of view

Montgomery finally cracked, "I've always like you, OK, Mel? You make feel normal. You have always seen the best in people and you saw mine. I mean I don't even know if I have a good side."

"Monty-" He kept continuing.

"You were kind to everyone. Yeah, I feel jealous but I know you're not mine yet so I just kept quiet. Then, when Zach pointed it out for the first time, I denied but I know it was true. I like you, Mel."

I smiled and felt my cheek burning, "I like you too, Monty. Now, this is not my menses talking or anything but I really do as well."

"I'm glad or it would have been awkward," He let out a hearty laugh.

I cupped his face again and pulled it close to my face, "You're glad you hang out with me then?"

"So glad," He smiled and came closer.

I pulled away, teasing him. He rolled his eyes and crashes his lips onto mine. I kissed him back, bringing both of my hands cupping his face and caressing it gently.

Our lips softly and passionately intertwined with each other. I moved onto his lap, straddling both of my legs to his sides. He gripped me, pulling my body closer to his.

We pulled away, breathless and panting lightly. I smiled and rested my forehead on his. I closed my eyes, feeling fireworks everywhere and my heart bursting with happiness. I opened my eyes and Monty stroked my cheek, grinning.

"Ahem," Someone cleared their throat.

"Mitch," I looked at the door and got off from Monty's lap.

"Mind helping me with the groceries in the car?" Mitch gestured out the door as his hands were full carrying the twins.

"Not at all," I got up and went to the car.

"I'll help her," I heard Monty saying and trailed after me to the driveway.

"That was awkward," I laughed and passes Monty some paper bags.

"That ruined the moment," He mumbled and frowned.

"We'll have lots more if you don't stop complaining," I teased and locked the car after taking out the stuff.

We went into the house and arranged the things in its respective place. Max and Mavis were playing with their toys on the living room floor while Mitchell was making a phone call in his study. 

"Pizza for dinner. Is that alright?" Mitch came into the living room, fiddling with his phone.

"Sure. Pizza OK, Monty?" I asked and he nodded.

"OK. I brought work home with me. Take care of the twins. Here is pizza money. Save some for Maddy and me. Let's see anything else? Oh, and lights off at 9 for the babies and 11 maximum for you," Mitch handed me money and went into his study with the door wide open.

"I'll go at 10," Monty shrugged and blew raspberries at Max.

The pizza was delivered an hour after we start watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatball. Monty gets the door and pays the guy while I fed Max and Mavis their baby food. Monty put the pizza on the table and took Mavis's food to feed her. The babies never make any fuss the whole time he is here. I smiled.

"Thank you for helping with twins. They don't usually like strangers," I walked him to the door after the babies have gone to sleep exactly at 10.

"No problem. I had fun today. See you tomorrow, princess." He winked and walked to his car.

"Monty! wait," I ran up to him and crashed my lips onto his as he turned around.

He kissed me back with one hand cupping my face while the other pulled my waist. We pulled away and parted ways with wide smiles on our faces.

"Not your boyfriend huh?" Mitch came out of his study, smirking at me.

"Gosh! You scared me!" I jumped.

"Go and finish up your homework. Go to bed asap after that," He instructed me while chuckling.

I rolled my eyes playfully and went up to my room. I finished my homework and went to bed. The next morning was fast. I finally woke up on time and had breakfast Maddy told me that Mitch has his day off today that is why he is sleeping in so that when Maddy leaves for work, he could take care of the twins.

"So, Mitch told me about yesterday. How he walked in on you and your boyfriend," Maddy teased.

"Not you too. He is not my boyfriend," I groaned.

"Which one is it? Why don't you have any girlfriends to hang out with? I have always seen Justin, Zach, Jeff, Tony and Clay around. You're not hanging out with Sheri anymore?"

"You're forgetting Monty but Sheri and I do still hang out. Just not as often," I shrugged.

"Monty? Is it the one who came by when Mason and Marissa were over?" 

"Yeah," I stood up and washed my plate and went upstairs.

There was a car honking loudly outside in the driveway while I was getting dressed. I looked out the window and saw Monty waving at me. I waved back and quickly grabbed my bag. I went downstairs and said my sister goodbye.

"Good morning," I greeted Monty as he opened the door for me.

"Morning, my princess," He kissed my cheek before I went in.

I was buckling my seatbelt while Monty started the engine. Monty handed me a bagel and coffee from Monet's. I looked at him, confused but took it anyway.

"Zach told me you used to buy these before school," He said while his eyes on the road, smiling.

"Yeah. My dad used to drop me off at school early every single time before he died," I sipped on the coffee.

"From now onwards, we're going to school together and I'm sending you back home too," Monty promised me.

"I would love that. Tony has been busy anyway," I chewed my bagel.

We arrived at school and Monty quickly got out to open the door for me. I chuckled at his sweetness. He held my hand as we walked into school. We separated and I went to my locker.

"I told you he had a crush on you!" Alex, Jessica and Hannah startled me.

"Oh! Hey, guys-"

"Did he bought you those?" Jessica asked, referring to my half eaten bagel and cup of coffee.

"Yeah. It was nice of him-"

"Are you and him together now?" Hannah poked my sides, cheekily and I jumped.

"No, he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet though I told him that I returned his feelings," I said no more after that and left to my homeroom class.

"Jeffykins, good morning. How is the tutoring thing with Claydoh Playdoh?" I sat down and Jeff arrived shortly after.

"Hey. It's OK. We're getting the history test we did yesterday later. If I pass, I'm going straight to coach and tell him to let me play for next month's game," Jeff showed his crossed fingers.

I laughed, "Good luck, Jeffykins."

TBC
>vote, comment, share!<

Author's note

Early update! I finished this last night and edited this morning. Thank you so much for 80 followers and 9K+ reads on this book! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I already planned out what happens next so vote and stay tuned! ;)