chapter XXVI

Melody's point of view

Zach dragged me up the stairs and into a room. His grip left a mark on my arm.

"Zach! What are you doing?" I snatched my arm away.

"You do realise that everyone is staring at you, right?" Zach glared at me and started pacing around.

"So what?" I grabbed his arm so that he is facing me.

"They could literally just dragged you elsewhere if the guys didn't send a glare at them!" Zach spoke calmly.

"They? The guys? What do you mean? What are you talking about?" My head throb.

"They! The guys from another school at the other side of town. The guys are my team and the football team. How do you think no one has dared to talk to you?"

"Where's Monty? We had a fight and yeah. I thought I could dress up for him," I shrugged and hugged my body.

"He is on his way. Let's just stay here. It's Bryce's room," Said Zach and I took the time to look around.

"When is he going to be here?" I sat on the bed and hold my dizzy head.

"Soon, I hope. I'm not sure. Do you want a drink?" He went to the dresser and on top of it has a jug of water.

He poured and handed to me. I drink it and give him back the glass. I laid on the bed and without my realising, tears started swelling in my eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't cry," Zach engulfed me in a hug.

"I'm not. I'm just upset."

"What did you and Monty fight about?" He asked.

"He wanted to have sex but I'm awkward," I said and patted my eyes dry when Zach hand me a tissue.

"I'm speechless."

"Not unless you have a solution."

"You know what? Let's just forget it and play video games," Zach got up and switched on some plugs on the wall.

I sighed and gave in. We played Bryce's Xbox and many times, drunk teenagers tried to come in. Zach got fed up and locked the doors before continuing playing Mario Karts.

"Why did you locked? Scared to lose again?" I joked and he tensed, taking the game seriously and wanting to win.

"Fine. I'll let you win," I said, laughing.

"No. Take it seriously. How can I not beat you at this stupid game? We've been playing for like years now and I still can't beat you. Only that one time," His eyes glues to the screen.

"I'm the Mario kart queen," I joked.

"Sure and I'm Dracula," He rolled his eyes.

"Chill! I was just joking! Oh, my gosh!"