chapter twenty four

Melody's point of view

It was half past 6 and the girls have arrived with their clothes and makeup kits. I was taken back when they dashed past me as soon as I opened the door.

"Montgomery will be flipped when he sees you," Jessica smirked at me and take her stuff to my room casually.

"Take a shower and moisturise yourself. Have you steamed the dress like I told you to?" Sherri shoved me into my bathroom.

"Yes. Do I really have to-" I was ignored and interrupted.

"Have you been crying?" She stopped and Jessica peeped from behind her.

"I gave Monty the permission to fuck other girls. Of course, I'm crying. He ignored all my calls." I sucked back my mucus and wiped my nose.

"Oh, Melody. Don't think about it because as of tonight, you are single and ready to mingle. Go and take a shower. A quick one with soap. No thoughts and most definitely no crying," Sherri closed the door.

"OK," I sighed and stripped.

I did as I was told and walked out in my bathrobe. Jessica told me to sit and she did my makeup. We talked about cheer practice and our plan for tomorrow. We're planning to go together if Monty isn't taking me.

"I'm thinking of smokey eyes and a nude lipstick. How about that?" Jessica asked Sherri for an opinion before starting her 'masterpiece'.

"I'm thinking of a full face makeup would look sexier," Sherri was painting my nails.

"Guys, there's no need to go full on with the makeup. It's just a party. For goodness sake, it's Bryce's party. All of this -" I gestured to myself and the dress, "- is for Montgomery. No one else."

"Right, right. How about just a natural look with gold highlights. It will pop when we take pictures with flashes," Jessica suggested.

"Dark lipsticks would go so well with the red burgundy nails that I going to paint on you," Sherri added.

"I honestly don't know what I would do without my beauty queens," I complimented my best friends.

Sherri's magical hands Dutch braided my hair into a messy crown on my head and I changed into my red dress.

"What the fuck are you wearing under that?" Jessica pointed to the bralette I wore under the dress.

"Bralette?" I answered, unsure and insecure.

"Get rid of it. You're ruining the look!" She giggled and continue putting on her makeup.

"I agree with Jess. Take it off. It will look nicer. Trust your beauty godmothers," Sherri was also doing her makeup and looked at me through the mirror.

"Fine," I went back into the bathroom and took off the bralette.

"You look gorgeous, honey!" Sherri and Jessica wrapped their arm around me when they saw me.

"Thanks, guys. You look amazing too!" I hugged them back.

transition