chapter XXII

Melody's point of view

"Sheri, please don't get them suspended," I begged her as she walked into the library.

"I'll try my best but I can't promise you anything," Sheri shrugged apologetically.

She isn't sorry.

"Alex deserves to be suspended," Jessica scoffed.

"I know but if he gets suspended, Monty will too," I paced around the hallway.

Clay was approaching the library but I stopped him.

"Clay! Please don't get them suspended," I grabbed his shoulder.

"Mel, I saw what happened. It's going to be hard to convince Marcus and Courtney. They were the only members of the student board who weren't there," Clay rubbed my arm and I let him go.

"How about just detention?"

"Melody, I'm sorry but I have to go. They're waiting for me," Clay went inside.

He is not sorry.

"Why didn't you guys come earlier?" I groaned frustratedly.

"Mel, calm down. You're stressing out too much," Zach pulled me into a hug.

"I don't want Monty to get suspended," I cried into his chest.

My phone started ringing and I pulled away to answer. I cleared the phlegm in my throat.

"Hello?"

"Mel, I need you to come home now. I have a case study that I need to work on and the twins are driving me nuts," Maddy asked.

"Just put on Peter Pan or something. They'll watch it quietly," I suggested.

"No, Mel. You know how hard I have to concentrate on my job. I don't want to risk anything."

"I'll be home in 10 minutes," My eyes start to water again.

"Thank you so much. I'll pay double," We hang up.

"Maddy wants me to go home now," I went back to my friends.

"Go. We'll be here for Monty," Jeff came to me and brushed hair out of my face.

"But I want to be here for Monty too."

After a lot of persuasions, Zach sends me home while Jessica, Justin and Jeff waited for Monty and Alex. I told them to update me and tell Monty to call me as soon as possible. They told me not to worry but my heart sank.

"Call me if you need anything, Mel. I'm right here for you," Zach walked me to my porch.

"OK," I went in and a rubber toy went under my feet, I fell face first.

"Melody! Are you OK?" Maddy appeared by my side with Max.

"Yeah," I sat up and rubbed my chin.

The rest of the day, I balanced texting my friends and watching over my nephew and niece. Jessica and Zach updated me but Monty hadn't.

strawberry tallcakes: they didn't suspend him

 And Alex?

strawberry tallcakes: nope

Please tell Monty to call me.

strawberry tallcakes: he says he will in a minute.

Thank you, Zach

I waited but he didn't.

cookie monster: I CAN'T BELIEVE THE STUDENT BOARD DID NOT EVEN GIVE ALEX DETENTION

cookie monster: Those little shits >:(

Calm down, Jess.

cookie monster: I'M GOING TO KILL HANNAH!

Settle it tomorrow.

cookie monster: WHY TMR?

bcoz ur being irrational

Go lay off some steam

I looked up from my phone. Mitch had come home and convinces Maddy to take a break. She did and they bathed their children after we ate dinner together. I charged my phone and went downstairs. Monty had still not called me. I was beginning to worry.

I was wearing a purple silky but modest nightwear and robe. Clay told me about some shadow of the moon and I put on my slippers. I stared at the stars and the moon plastered on the sky in my backyard. I sighed.

"I was wondering why you were not answering your phone," A voice startled me.

I opened my eyes, alarmed but only to realise that it was just Monty coming through my backyard gate. I got up and tackled him with a hug.

"I was so worried about you, idiot!" I pulled away and grabbed the collar of his jacket, tightly.

"I bought an apology picnic if you're up for it," Monty showed me a blanket and a basket that has a delicious aroma coming from it.

I smiled and took the blanket from him to lay it out. It turns out that the aroma came from a homemade pepperoni pizza, packed with chocolate coated strawberry and champagne. I gasped and kissed Monty out of excitement.

"All of these looks delicious, Monty! Tell me what happened while we eat," I suggested.

"Vice Principal called both of our parents and they came to school to get us. Mum almost grounded me but I told her that I need to make it up to you," He popped the bottle open and poured me a glass.

I giggled as he had everything prepared, "And then what happened?"

"She suggested a picnic and we spend the afternoon making this," He feeds me a slice of pizza and I bite it.

"Delicious," I licked my lips.

"Thanks. We rushed to make it because my parents had dinner reservations," I nodded.

"I'm really sorry for not calling you earlier. I asked Zach if you drink liquor and he told me you prefer champagne out of all so, I went out to get it," My hearts swell.

"I forgive you, Monty. I'm your girlfriend. Worrying about you is one of my jobs," I kissed him.

We spent the next hour or two talking and feeding each other food. We were stuffed and tipsy when I told him I wanted to show him something. We laid on the blanket, watching the stars.

"Clay said that there is a penumbra thing later. I'm not sure when it is happening though," We held hands.

"Did you see that? It was a shooting star!" Monty sat up, fascinated.

I laughed and sat up next to him, "They're just falling meteors, Monty."

"It's beautiful. Now, shut up. I want to make a wish," Monty held both of his hand and closed his eyes shut.

"What did you wish for?" I asked, cheekily.

"For you to say yes," He showed me two pieces of paper.

"What do you mean?" I took the two paper and gasped.

It was two tickets to the winter formal held in a month's time. It totally did not cross my mind and I am one of the organisers who will be helping out with the decorations starting tomorrow onwards.

"Will you go to the winter formal with me, Melody Vickerman?" He cupped my face.

I could not get words out of my mouth.

I bit my lips, "Yes, Monty."

He kissed me. Our lips hungrily crashed, with our tongues battling each other. We pulled away, out of breath and grinning. Monty stayed over in the end and we went up into my room to sleep properly.

TBC
>vote, comment, share!<