chapter XVIII

Melody's point of view

The movie started showing commercials and more people started coming in. The real movie started and it got suspense with a blink of an eye. I had stopped eating and grasped onto Monty's hand and my other onto the chair.

"I regret this," I muttered to myself and jumped at the horror.

We were at the climax of the movie when there was another jump scare and I hid my face into Monty's shoulder. The loud screaming of the movie hurts my ears and I refused to look back up. 

"Don't worry. They're just talking," Monty whispered and I looked back up.

"You all are pussies! I survived the movie!" Zach pointed accusingly at us when we went out after the movie.

"We all survived the movie, Zach. No one died," I let go of Monty's hand and threw wrappers in the dustbin.

"I could hear screamings in there. Not just coming from the movie," Hannah teased as she was sweeping the floor near us.

"Totally, that was Justin. I saw him holding onto Zach," I laughed with Hannah and Clay.

"D-Did not!" Justin stammered.

"I ship this bromance," Clay whispered to us and went back to the counter.

"Can we eat at Rosie's?" Monty asked.

"You ate the whole popcorn when I stopped eating!" I shook my head at him.

"I'm still hungry and you were too scared to eat so I finish it up," Monty shrugged nonchalantly.

"Stop exposing me-"

"Hah! You said you weren't scared!" Justin jumped.

"You seem to be comfortable holding onto Monty. Did he protect you well?" Zach smirked at me and wriggled his eyebrows.

"Let's go to Rosie's!" I quickly walked out after hugging Hannah goodbye.

I carpooled with Monty while Jessica in Alex's and Justin in Zach's. We all drove to Rosie's dinner. Monty and I were talking and bringing up about the movie.

"How is it that when you see those five words 'based on the true story' makes it hundred times scarier?" I gulped.

Monty laughed, "I saw Zach choked on his popcorn when that appeared on the screen."

"Jessica and Alex were very comfortable. Do you think they are dating?" I giggled.

"You were being comfortable with me," Monty said, smirking at me.

"Excuse you! I was just resting my head on your shoulder! I could have done it to Zach if I want to," I rolled my eyes, annoyed.

"Ah, but you didn't."

"Shut up," I mumbled and didn't say anything else.

We arrived at Rosie's and we got out. I walked ahead to join Alex and Jessica but Monty pulled my wrist back.

"I have been meaning to ask you something," He quickly says as I was struggling from his grasp.

I stopped and looked at him, "What is it?"

"I wasn't lying yesterday when I told you about my feelings," He began.

"Yes, I know but what are you trying to ask me now?"

"Would you be my girlfriend?" He shuffled his feet nervously and not meeting my eyes.

"If I say yes, will promise me that you will protect me? Not just from scary movies and villains. Treat me like a princess and never leave my side," I remembered my mother's story of the time my dad asked her to be his girlfriend.