chapter twenty-five

Montgomery's point of view

"Where are you, Monty?"

"I don't know, Zach," I kicked the ground.

"Come to the party. There are kids from the other school here. Mel literally looked like a snack!"

"What the fuck, dude?" I glared into the phone.

"I'm serious. Guys are trying to talk to her but Sherri is doing a great job keeping them away though she is really drunk," His voice was muffled as the music begin drowning in.

"Hello? Zach?"

"Melody! What the fuck are you doing?" The line hangs up and I ran out of the public library.

I got into my car and started the engine. Soon, the sound produced by the radio was muffled and my vision blurred, taking me back to last week when Zach, Justin, Bryce and I had a conversation.

"No fucking way," Bryce had burst out laughing.

"Werewolves are mythical creatures, Zach. You're crazy," Justin punched Zach's arm.

"I'm just curious, that's all," Zach didn't flinch from Justin's punch.

"Why? Are you a werewolf? That would be sexy to seduce girls though," Bryce and Justin high five.

"You okay, Mont?" They stopped laughing and stared at me.

"Yeah. It's just nothing. It's cool and all being a werewolf but stay the fuck away from Mel," I pointed accusingly.

"What the fuck? Melo is his cousin. Don't want any incest shit like that Canadian based TV show. What's it called?" Justin put his finger on his chin.

"Who the fuck knows?" Zach shrugged and we went out of the locker room.

"Maybe vampires are real. How about that, Mel?" Said Zach when we were playing dodgeball for Physical Education class.

"Vampires, huh?" My girlfriend smirked at me.

"Stop being weird, Zach," Justin throws a ball and glared at him.

"Yeah and stop trying to seduce my girlfriend," I winked at her who giggled in response.

My phone ring when I was a red light, snapping me out of my flashback. My knees fidget and I answer it.

"Where are you?" It was Jessica.

"On my way," I sighed.

"Oh, my gosh! Then who did Mel go with?" A vivid panic tone in Jessica's voice could be heard over the loud music.

"What do you mean, Jess?" I frowned and slammed on the acceleration pedal.

"I don't know! I thought you came and brought Melody with you! If it wasn't you, who was it?"

With just that, I hang up and arrived in Bryce's neighbourhood. Bryce's house was unrecognisable with dark aura surrounding. Halloween decorations were all over the place and the house was oddly eerie.

Once I parked my car, I went out to the back of my car to get my baseball bat. I felt as though the house was watching my every movement. I hesitated because if I go nearer that would mean I lose the only light source I have that is the streetlights.

Scattering dead leaves crunched under my feet as I go nearer. My fast beating heart deafened my ears when I hear a flock of crows hovering. I turned my focus to the front door but it was locked.

I exhaled the breath that I didn't notice I was holding. I took a step back and looked around for another way in.

Maybe the side gates are open to the backyard, I thought.

I looked around, trying not to appear suspicious and swiftly ran to the side gate. It was opened and I silently thanked the above. A distinct sound of a vehicle passing by startled me and I continue my search.

Red cups and confetti were floating aimlessly in the waters of the pool. I carefully opened the backyard door and walked through. It was dark and I could hear whispers from every direction.

"Hello? Bryce? Mel?" I called out but no one answered and the whispering stopped.

"What's going on?" I looked around aimlessly but all I could see is darkness.

I took out my phone from my back pocket and switched on the flashlight. I shine it everywhere and the place was still in order. Now, I'm confused as hell.

There was a creak of the floor from behind me but when I spun around, there was no one. I heard it again this time to my right near the kitchen area.

"Bryce?" I called out as I'm nearing.

There was a clutter of metals coming from the living room. I moved towards it slowly with a bat in one hand and my phone in another. The cluttering metal turns into a  ruckus and I sprinted to see it.

There was nothing. Instead, a heavy footstep from upstairs caught my attention. I ran up the stairs and bring up my defence as I near a mysteriously-opened-by-itself door.

I pushed opened and shine the light around the room. At a corner, there was a girl. Her back was facing me and she was wearing a red dress with her hair cascaded down her back.

"Melody?" I called out though I wasn't sure.

The girl falls to the ground and I rushed to attend to her. When I turn her around, it was her. My girlfriend. Her neck is bloodied and my hands trembled as I held her face in my hand. My shaky breath turns to silent sobs.

"Melody!" I cried as I couldn't feel her pulse.

"Please! Don't do this to me. I'm here. I'm here," I rocked the lifeless body as well as mine.

"You should have been there, Mont. She was delicious," A voice spoke and it sends chills down my spine.

My head snapped to the direction of the voice and I shine the light at the silhouette.

Zach.

His mouth was bloody and his eyes were red. His letterman jacket's sleeves were torn exposing his toned biceps. His hands till his upper arms were covered with fresh blood.

His smirk caught my attention and I saw those fangs. Those fangs that match the wound on Melody's neck. I had stopped crying and I glared at Zach.

He laughed sinisterly. I gently put Melody aside. I got up and he noticed me. He got into an attack position as I charged at him.

TBC
>vote, comment, share!<

Author's note

Of course, I'm going to leave you with another cliffhanger. I have to keep yall waiting till its Halloween ;) I hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter and liked the banner I made. Though it gives away the whole idea lmao.

Thank you for being patient and I hoped this chapter is worth the wait! More is to come and all your confusion will be answered very soon ;))) That is all for now. Have a great day ahead!