chapter 30

Melody's point of view

It has been a month and a half since Monty and I broke up. I have no clue to why I took notice of that. Tomorrow is the start of Christmas break and I will be going back to New York to visit Micah's family.

My last period is Math. When the final bell rang, everyone dismissed themselves and immediately went home. Well, most of us.

I have to bring home some books from my locker so I stayed a while to pack it up. All of my friends already went home and I didn't need a ride home from anybody because I got the pickup truck that Mitch gave me.

I was shutting the last book that I had to pack when my locker shut itself only to reveal that Marcus was the one who closed it. He smiled innocently making me to eye him suspiciously.

"What can I help you with, Marcus?" I gritted my teeth.

"Just want to see if you're down to hang out tonight? My place?" He offered.

"I can't," I sipped up my bag and begin to walk away.

"Hey, hey, maybe if your folks aren't around, I can come over?" He chased after me.

"You can't. I have my group of friends coming over," I lied.

"I can be your friend too," He shrugs, putting one of his hands in his pocket.

"Uh. Why should we? It's already the end of the year," I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon, Mel," He stopped in front of me.

"I have to go home, Mark. C'mon, let me through," I glared.

"We used to be friends, Mel. Why did we stop?" Marcus' eyes pleaded.

"You wanted to hang out with the cool kids. Besides, Monty is my boyfriend at that time," I said that, making my heart sting.

"Was, Mel. He was your boyfriend," He tried to correct me.

"Is," A voice spoke from behind me.

"What are you doing here, Mont? I thought you're done playing with her. Let me have my turn," Marcus said, making my head crane turning back to him.

"It didn't take you that long to confess your sin. Did you hear that, Mel? He didn't want to be your friend, he just wants to screw you," Monty stood next to me and put his arm around my shoulders.

I frowned at the both of them. I brushed off Monty's arm and stepped away from him.

"She also doesn't want you, Montgomery," Marcus smirked.

"Get out of my way," I walked past Marcus, hitting my shoulders with his and he flinched back.

"Hey!" He grabbed my shoulder.

"She told you to get out of her way!" Monty grabbed Marcus' and shoved him against the locker.

"Woah, man!" Marcus surrendered.

"Monty, let him go," I reversed.

He did and Marcus scurried away. I walked away too.

"No thank you?" Monty jogged next to me.

"What for? I was fine just on my own."

"Yeah, right."

I scoffed. "What are you doing here, Monty? Hearing the rumours about you, shouldn't you be over me by now?"

"Don't be so sure of yourself. I was just in janitor's closet with someone," He smirked at me.

I quickened my pace.

"Woah, princess. Slow down a bit for me. I was just kidding," He chuckled.

"Stop it, Monty! Stop playing games with me. Stop being nice to me and then let Bryce hit on me. Stop snogging other girls and making sure that I was watching. Stop flirting with any of my girl best friends and most definitely stop following me around. I don't need your protection since you are not capable of protecting me," I spit.

"Didn't I just stop Marcus from getting to you?" He glared.

"No. I mean y-yes. I just- Just leave me alone," I ran out of the exit and into my truck and drove away without a second glance.

"Hey, Mel. You alright?" My older sister, Maddy sat up on the couch as I walked in.

"Yeah. Why?" I approached her.

"You look so angry."

"It's just Monty again," I sighed.

"That boy needs to leave you alone. Do I have to talk to his parents?" I swear sometimes she forgets that she is my sister, not my mother.

"No, Maddy. It's fine," I brush her off and went up to my room.

"C'mon, Mel. Just this one night before you go back to Manhattan," Jeff begged through the phone.

"I'm not in a mood," I sighed.

"Is it Monty again?"

"We have a winner, everybody. Someone hand Jeffery his trophy!"

"Mel, I'm serious. Come to the party. Just show your face to me, have a drink and you can go home. It's as simple as that," Jeff explained.

"Only because of the free food that I'm coming," I give in.

"Yes!" I heard him and we hang up.

I surfed the internet on my laptop until it was time to go to the party.

TBC
>vote, comment, share! <

author's note

i sincerely apologise for not updating anymore. i just need to get my shtuff together and find my passion for writing again, thanks for being patient with me and keep supporting this book!!