[05]

September 28th 2017

The TV blared in the background but Audrey paid it no heed as she snuggled under the blankets on the sofa, staring up at the ceiling.

She tried not to think of anything because if she did, then she would just be reminded of her failure of her marriage. Along with that, her husband; her beloved husband.

Audrey was used to this, being alone, spending all of her time by herself in the house that they had bought together. She was used to the way that her husband treated her and honestly, she relished in the little attention that he did give her -even if it was not of the positive kind- because she knew she would take his constant sneering and jeering rather than not have him in her life at all.

Now, many would think her to be weak, to be submissive even if they were to ever find out about her marital life. But wanting to stay with the man she loved didn't make her weak, it just made her love stronger. Many people wouldn't understand it, and Audrey didn't expect them to, but she didn't care.

She knew that she wasn't weak, and that was enough for her.

Exhaling, she reached out for the remote and turned off the TV, not seeing the point of it being on if she wasn't going to pay attention to it.

She must have dozed because she found herself jolting awake at the sound of the front door slamming shut. Her body tensed and she found her heart jumping around wildly in her chest.

Who was in her house?

No one had a key apart from her and Calvin, and she was in high doubt that it was Calvin coming home this early in the evening. One, because if he were to come home then it wouldn't be this early and two, he never spent his evenings or his nights here anymore. He would only come home in the morning to get changed and ready for work.

He was too busy fraternising with his lover, the one that he didn't think she knew about.

But she did.

She wasn't stupid.

A sigh of relief passed through her lips as her eyes adjusted to the light that had just been switched on and she realised that it was indeed Calvin.

Calvin?

She decided to voice her thoughts instead of staying mute. "Calvin?" She called out to him hesitantly as she sat up on the sofa. "What are you doing here?"

He merely snorted and crossed his arms over his chest as he stared at the infuriating woman in front of him. "This is my house. Are you implying that I can't come to my own house?"

"Of course not." She answered back quietly, fidgeting with the thread at the bottom of her pyjama shirt, not really knowing what to do with both her hands and her eyes.

Her husband was an attractive man, more attractive than most yet she didn't feel comfortable staring at him knowing that her gaze would be unwanted. There was also the possibility that she would end up setting him off and she just wasn't in the mood to be reprimanded like a child tonight.

She had thought that she would have yet another peaceful night by herself, but it was a nice surprise that he had come home for the evening regardless of whatever circumstance it might be under.

She didn't care; she was just glad to have him home.

"Then stop questioning me. I can come home if you want."

Ignoring his disrespectful tone and the way that he was glaring at her with raw hatred, she stood up and stretched before folding the blanket and placing it down on one end of their luxurious leather sofa.