[12]

October 15th 2017

He sat in front of the TV, his eyes wandering carelessly around the screen as feigned interest in the basketball game that was currently playing live. He had no idea what was going on or even which team he should support. This was the first time that he was watching the game and frankly, he wouldn't find himself watching it again.

But for now, he had to pretend to know what was going on.

He pumped his fist in the air when he noticed Audrey watching him, not wanting to give her the impression that he was faking it. Even though he was.

Audrey had been pestering him since yesterday that they should go out and do something, and he had been consistently putting it off. But now that he had gotten home from work, there was no hiding from her.

So, all he had left to do was ignore her in hopes that she would finally give up and leave him alone. Though that didn't look like it would be happening any time soon.

"Calvin," she sighed, plopping down on the sofa next to him, sinking into it.

She frowned when he didn't respond, his eyes still glued to the screen in front of him. He had never watched basketball in a day in his life and they both knew it.

"Ow!" He exclaimed, shifting away from her so he could glare at her as he rubbed his side where she had pinched him. "What was that for?"

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, stop being a baby. You barely felt it."

He just grunted and turned back to the game, no idea what was happening in front of him. How was he supposed to know who was playing in what position when everybody just seemed to follow the ball wherever it went?

"Let's go out and do something." She asked him again.

Audrey had been persistently asking to go out and something since last night, but Calvin wasn't having it. Why couldn't he understand that she just wanted to do something with him? She wouldn't mind doing what he wanted to do, as long as they could do it together. There was also the fact that Audrey wanted to get out of the house with Calvin, perhaps a change of scenery would do them both some good.

The past few days had been tense, especially since Calvin had been home every night on time, never a minute late. It was nice having him home, but he seemed to spend most of that time ignoring her, not even chastising or sneering at her whenever she spoke to him.

She hated to admit it, but she kind of missed it.

"Please, Calvin." She sighed, throwing her head back against the sofa, her eyes closed.

Calvin almost felt bad for her. Almost.

"Okay," a rough voice brought her out of her reverie. "But I'm only doing this for the agreement."

She nodded enthusiastically, sitting up straight as she looked up at him thankfully. Calvin hated it when she looked at him like that. He used to revel in her stares and brief glances before, feeling undeserving of her love, but not anymore. Those days were long over now and he had finally awoken to reality.

"What do you have in mind?" He asked, rubbing his hands done his face once in order to wake himself up. Whatever it was that they were going to do, Calvin would need to be as awake as possibly; he didn't trust Audrey.

She shrugged, not sure.

They found themselves driving around for a bit, just enjoying the silence. They weren't specifically looking for anything particular to do, just something to keep them busy for a little while. If Calvin had his wish, then he would drive them home and he would go straight up to bed.