[31]

November 27th 2017

Calvin woke up from his nap not feeling much better than he did before, but his headache had sure calmed down and for that, he was grateful.

Swinging his legs out of bed, he brushed a hand through his air. He had managed to sleep all through the morning and well into midday. It seemed that he would not be going into work that day, not that he had much of a choice since there was only a few hours left anyway.

Ignoring the numerous missed calls that he got from his assistant, Calvin left his phone on his unmade bed before he made his way to the bathroom.

The first thing he did was grab his toothbrush and apply some paste on to it. All he wanted right now was to get rid of the horrid taste in his mouth followed by a warm shower to relax his muscles. Calvin needed a few more moments to himself before he went out to face reality.

Brushing his teeth, he avoided looking in the mirror. He was afraid of what he would see.

Once satisfied with his minty fresh breath, he stripped down to his birthday suit and stepped into the glass cubicle, adjusting the temperature of the water so that it was just right.

Bracing his arms against the wall of the shower, her bowed his head and enjoyed the feeling of the warm water gliding over his back, streaming over crevices on his body like a waterfall before making its way to the shower floor. 

Last night had been terrible. 

He could barely remember what had happened after he had left Jane's apartment. But before he left he remembered that while he waited for the valet to fetch his car from him, Jane's other boyfriend had stridden up next to him.

Neither of them spoke to each other, but someone could surely cut the tension in the air between them with a knife. Or, perhaps that wouldn't be sharp enough.

Calvin had stood with his jaw clenched, his hands shoved into his trouser pockets even though they itched to come out and land a punch on the pretty face of his rival.

It seemed that Tom had, had the same idea as him as before Calvin could even see it coming, he had swung a punch to his gut. The wind was knocked out of him as bent over forward, clutching his stomach. Tom had then taken that opportunity to grab him in a head lock however, Calvin had seen it coming this time and rammed into Tom's side, knocking him to the ground.

The two men battled it out on the ground, taking turns to throw punches at one another. Luckily, Calvin had managed to save his face from much of the damage, only coming out with a small bruise to the jaw. Tom looked far worse than him.

Before it could get any further, security had escorted them both out of the building. Calvin remembered cursing the other man and smirking when his rival was held down by two guards while the valet finally arrived with his car.

Calvin enjoyed having the last laugh as he drove away from the apartment building, hopefully for the last time.

Shaking his head of such thoughts, he washed his hair with some shampoo and proceeded to soap his body. After he had washed away all the dirt,grime and the nightmares of last night's activities, he turned on the cold water and allowed it to wake him up.

When it got too much, he turned the water off and then stepped out of the shower. Drying himself off, he walked into his room and got dressed.

Once he was done, he sighed before making his way downstairs. One glance towards Audrey's sleeping figure on the couch, he knew that he would be cooking for two that morning.

It didn't take long for him to toast some bread and apply jam to them. Audrey was still asleep so he decided to make some eggs to go with the toast.