[23]

November 18th 2017

Calvin was glad that he was back at work. His parents had accepted his excuse that he was really busy at work and had allowed him to leave a few days early. Sadly, that also meant that Audrey had to come with him.

But he was at work and she was at home, so at least he didn't have to put up with her at the moment.

He might have lied to his parents about being busy at work, but he couldn't bring himself to feel guilty about it seeing as the lie wasn't technically a complete lie. The truth was that it was busy in the office seeing as they had undertaken a few new projects, but it was something that his employees could handle. Noah, his assistant, had assumed that Calvin would be gone for the full week and so had finished all of the necessary paperwork before hand in order to have time to spend with the clients and understanding their needs and necessities.

So, it seemed that he didn't have anything to do for the next few days. Other than popping in phoning in every now and again to supervise and tell them what he wanted, Calvin wasn't needed at work. And if he wasn't needed at work, Calvin was more than happy to allow him some time off. Time, that he could spend with Jane.

Audrey would assume that he was at work, and Noah assumed that he was still on his Thanks Giving holiday; Calvin was covered from all angles.

While Calvin was busy playing Casanova and spending time with a woman who was not his wife, Audrey was at home. She, also didn't have any work to do as she had requested a week of paid vacation. She didn't think that Calvin would drag them back before the end of the week.

Seeing as she had no work to do from the office, she decided to work around the house instead.

A few hours passed and she had finished scrubbing the house top to bottom. Every room was cleaned and tidied, all but one. Calvin's room. There were no dishes in the sink and there was no dust on any of the furniture. The floors had been cleaned and the carpet had been vacuumed. Audrey even had time to wash the one-bathroom downstairs.

The only thing left was to wash the clothes that they had taken away with them on vacation. She had managed to do her own last night when she couldn't sleep, but Calvin's ones remained.

Audrey had put it off long enough, but there was no point in wasting any more time.

She would probably be told off for it later, but that was better than knowing that there was one room in the house that was akin to a pig sty.

Sighing, she reached out for the door handle and squeezed it gently, pushing it down. The door opened as she pushed it open.

His room smelt like him.

Audrey wasn't the least bit surprised to see the mess that was Calvin's room. He was never very tidy, and that used to drive her up the wall in frustration. But now, she found it oddly calming to be able to clean up after her husband because she knew, deep down, that, that was probably she would ever get to him.

It didn't take her long to locate the medium-sized gym which he had taken with him. It was stuffed under the bed, the usual spot. She stripped down the bed and added them to the large pile of clothes that had already accumulated in the basket at the doorway of the room. She grabbed the few articles of clothing that littered the floor and then opened the cupboard.

Calvin's used work shirts were carelessly thrown at the bottom of the cupboard. Lifting one up, she stretched it open in front of her and inspected it for any dirt. It was either the case that they were all used and dirty, or Calvin just didn't fold them after they had been washed.

There were no visible stains on the shirt, from what she could see. Audrey froze, yet didn't flinch when she turned up the collar of the white shirt and her eyes landed on the red marks that littered the vicinity. There were even some on the inside of it.