chapter 17: don't try to steal my girl

Mary's POV:

My alarm buzzed, causing me to wake up from my dream. 'Ughhhhhhhh.. why did I dream of Colby?' I thought to myself, getting out of bed.

I step into my bathroom, bringing clothes with me. I turn on the shower; while it's warming up; I undress, sit on the toilet and check Facebook, Twitter,  along with Instagram.  After finding nothing interesting on either, I played music on my phone. ( the song that's playing is 18 - Anarbor ) I started singing the song as I get into the shower.

"So if you wanna piss off your parents
date me to scare them, show them you're all grown up. If long hair and tattoos are what attract you, baby then you're in luck and I know it's just a phase, you're not in love with me; you wanna piss off your parents, baby piss off your parents, that's alright with me" I sang the whole song, and once I was done. I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist, as I walked out of the bathroom.

Of course I thought it was just me up, since Michaela has a day off and I have to work today. I called in as we were in Paris to tell my boss that I would be in today. And since my half of the rent was already paid for, I have a little extra money to use this month.

I walked into the kitchen with nothing but a towel around me, I heard a noise behind me, which scared the living shit out of me. Because I know Heath, and Zane were sleeping. It was 6:45 am and the only one who would be up this time, would be Kam who works at 7:30am. As I turned around to see who it was,it was Colby. He must have slept over last night. He wasn't wearing a shirt, he was just in his boxers. I looked away. "Oh hey... morning" I said blushing.

He cleared his throat as he got up off the couch. I only knew that because I heard the couch squeak, indicating that someone got off of it. I clenched my towel closer to my body, as I heard his footsteps getting closer.

"Morning princess." He said, very close to my naked body. So close that his breath sent a shiver down my spine, causing my own breath to hitch. I moved away from him, he moved closer towards me. "Don't be this way,  princess. I didn't mean to come onto you. It's just so hard when you're so damn sexy." Again his breath sent more shivers down my spine.

"Colby, I have a man. A very loving man. I don't even think we can be friends. You should go." I say, not turning to face him. 'Because as much as I love Heath, he's 24 and I am only 23 (I cannot remember how old she is. 23, i think? Can someone tell me?!) and Colby is 20. ... I mean, I don't wanna leave Heath, because he has been my best friend for Sooo long and I have always wanted to be with him. Ugh, so confusing ' I think to myself, as I turn on my heels to walk past Colby to go to my bedroom.

I stop at my door when i hear him say "Talk to later, princess." He says, opening the apartment door and leaving in just pants, not putting his shirt on.

I walk into my bedroom and out clothes on. Once I have my clothes on, I walk into the bathroom and put my make up on, and do my hair for the day. When I'm finally done, I walk out into the kitchen to make Zacharys breakfest before I go to work; as I do everyday before hand.

It was now 7:25 am when I finally finished Zacharys breakfest.  I go to Michaela's room and knock on the door, not hearing her up, I walk right in. "Michaela, I'm going to work. Get up soon. I have already made Zachary his breakfest. All you have to is heat it up and give it to him." I see her slowly get up and rub her eye. "Beaut do you have time for a dart before work?" I sigh and nod.

Once she's up,  we walk to the balcony. Whole we are sitting out there, Michaela lots up and smoke. We talk about the trio to Paris, and what happened this morning.  "So do you like,  Colby?" Michaela looks over at me and smirks.

I blush and turn my head away "as a friend that's all. Even then there is a very fine line between him just being a guy and being a friend." I say ealing back into the house. After I say my goodbyes for the time being, I walk out of the door to go to work.

** Time skip **

I park my truck in the garage, get out,lock it and head up to my place. I mind NY own business as other tenants walked past me going downstairs. Once I reach my door,I stop and hear noises. "They vetted not be fucking on the couch" I mumble as I walk in.

As I walked in, I seen Colby playing with Zachary "You're back? God damn it" I say walking to the bathroom. "Nice ass! " Colby shouts at me.

As I go into the bathroom I yell back to colby "Ya,  ok!" I yell as I shut the door.  I do my business,once I am done,I wash my hands and leave the room.

As I enter the living room, I see Heath sitting down on the couch, glaring at Colby. "Hey, babe.  Why is he here?" Heath said through his teeth. I walk over to the couch, and sit down beside Heath. "I don't know sometimes I think he doesn't have a life,  so he enjoys coming over and bugs me." I say putting my arm around Heath,  making it clear that I want to be with him, and not Colby.

"I know why he's here. Hun, don't lie. I live next door and I can hear everything that happens here. Colby came over yesterday and from the looks on his face just from him staring at you, I'd say he wants you." Heath says. I just look at them both, as Colby smirks at Heath.

"How'd you know?" Colby showed his teeth to Heath. Heath gets up off the couch, walking over to the smirking boy.

"How about you stay away from my girl." Was the Last thing that Heath said before he was knocked out onto the floor.

A/n: I hope you like it.... took me a little while to figure out how to end it. Seriously I had all of this done, I just didn't know how to end this chapter.  I think this book will go to.... I wanna say 25, maybe 27. This book when end after they get married, and a little bit afterwards... ** not giving away anything after that. BUT WAIT, WHO WILL SHE MARRY?! ** thank you for waiting for new updates and no I am not just leaving this book. I will update when my life isn't so overwhelming