Day 1

Your current relationship status.

Dear Diary,
Does being hungover someone count?

Unfortunately there is no one to tell me so I'm assuming it counts.

Travis Hayden, the bittersweet part of my atrocious life.

You know Travis, I first saw you when you came home with Luke. You shyly said 'Hi' and I replied with a genuine smile.
In that very magical moment, I knew you were something else.

You were the new hot kid at school and it was every girl's dream to date you.

It had been two months since you had transferred and every time Luke told mom that you were coming over, I would go and put something of mine in Luke's room just so I could go to his room and see you because the shy smiles and side glances weren't enough for me.
I think you knew that I intentionally left my stuff in Luke's room but you never said anything because you wanted to see me too.

Ours was a typical high school love  story and I loved every minute of it.

Then, like the starting of a storm in my life, happened the night of the 25th of July.

My dad was killed due to drunk driving.

I was heart broken. Sure, we weren't close but he was my dad and...this topic is for another day!

His funeral was on the 26th of July and on that night I sat in my bed like a rag doll , I couldn't move.

I stared at the wall clock for hours and hours. I knew you were here to visit Luke and give him company.

At 11pm, I heard Luke's bedroom door shut and there were footsteps in front of my room.
Normally, I would've opened the door and asked you to come in but that day was far from normal.

I wanted to cry out and tell you to come inside but I couldn't move, I was frozen.

The doorknob slowly turned and you stepped inside, I still didn't move.

You sat on the bed beside me, I still didn't move.

Then, slowly like you were scared, you put an arm around my shoulder and laid my head on your chest.

This time I let loose, I cried, I wailed and I sobbed.

The harder I cried, the tighter you held me and I mentally thanked your parents for giving birth to you.

I fell asleep in your arms that night.

I'm smiling like a dork right now, just thinking about that night.

The next morning, I woke up first and for what felt like hours, I just stared at you and wondered how someone could be so gorgeous.

You woke up soon after me and you smiled at me.
In that moment, we both realized that this thing between us wasn't just 'anything' , it was everything.

Your brown eyes bore into my green ones.
Your brain was telling you to leave but your heart wanted you to stay.

In your eyes, I was witnessing the battle between your mind and heart.

Eventually and thankfully, you listened to your heart and you kissed me.

Goodness! I'm welling up now.

That kiss, Travis, it's written on my heart and soul.
It wasn't my first kiss but it definitely was the best one.
It seemed to me as if every fibre of gloom in me had transformed into a fibre of blithe, for the few seconds that your lips touched mine.