Day 14

A recent moment where you felt the most satisfied

Dear Diary,
Holy crackers!

I haven't felt this good in a long long time, it feels like I'm walking in a field of daisies.

I'm going to skip the metaphors (yes, that is how happy I am) and skip to the actual part.

A week ago, I walked into school, with sweatpants and a tank top.

Doesn't sound like a big deal, does it?
There are thousands of people in school, why would anybody care about what I was wearing?

Wrong.
Apparently Oakwood High is very much interested in my appearance.

I walked into school and for a moment, all the people around me were silent.
And they only resumed with their work when I walked away.

Everywhere I went, there were weird looks and each look made me smile a little wider.

I went to my locker and beside me, Valerie couldn't stop staring at me and whispering to her friend.

"Valerie, I get the message, I know I'm interesting and so is my choice of clothes. Now can you please stop talking about me cause it's getting a little annoying!" I finally snapped after five minutes of her staring and giggling.
She rolled her eyes and walked away.

I shut my locker
"Word sure travels fast here, you really did come to school in sweatpants" Rachel chimed

"What the fuck is this school, Rache?" I inquired, already tired.

"Don't know, hon. But I've heard some pretty funny rumors about why Veronica Stanley came to school in sweatpants" she laughed.

"Like what?" I asked

"Listen closely" she said
And there it was, the little whispers were very clear now.

"I hear her mom died"
"Really? I heard her dad died"
"He died a year ago, you idiot"

I heard such voices floating in the air and I sighed, slapping my forehead.

"Please let everyone know that I don't give a shit" I said and walked away.

After my third class, which was geography, I walked to my locker and found a note inside

"Meet me in the janitor's closet. -Brandon"

I complied and went to the janitor's closet.
Sure enough, there he was, pacing in the little space

"Hey, what's up?" I walked inside, shutting the door behind me.

"You tell me. I heard some pretty weird things" he said and I rolled my eyes, massaging my temple

"Seriously, can't people just mind their own business?" I huffed

"I... I only asked because-" he was confused as to what to say

"No, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the rest of the population with empty skulls in this building" I said and he laughed

"Why are you dressed like this, though?" he cocked his head to the side and looked so adorable that I just had to walk closer to him.

"Because I felt like it man! I'm not sad or depressed, I'm happy and just wanted to be myself for one day. This is me being happy and trying to forget my worries" I shrugged.

He walked closer, the clouded look in his eyes pushed me backwards.
He walked closer, I took a step back.
And my back hit the wall.

"Why do you make it so difficult for me?" He asked, his voice like a cloud, so effortless, so light.