Day 22

What would you say to your younger self (A Letter)

Dear Diary,
Well, I'm still young but it says "younger" so I think I'm probably gonna have to write to the naive-r Veronica.

Here it goes:

Hey Veronica,
I'm you, older you to be more specific (duh).
Wow, I feel like I'm writing to my child or something.

I know your life is awesome, and I'm so so happy it is.

Whatever good you have in your life, honey, please hold onto it as tight as you can because truth be told, it won't last too long.

Now this is going to be harsh, so hold on tight because I'm going to tell you what your future looks like.

Heartbreak.
Disappointment.

Those are not the only words I would use to describe your future, but it's so much more vast.

You're going to lose some very very important people in your life, and it's going to hurt way worse than an injection (yes, it's that bad)

Not all of them will die, so take a breathe, but "losing someone" doesn't always mean death. Sometimes you just......fall apart.

And separation hurts worse than death.

You're going to have to grow up before your age.

You're going to have to take care of really shitty stuff when all you should be worrying about is your nails and your dress and the Hemsworth brothers.

I'm saying all this from experience, because that's the only good thing I can pass on.

When all this horrible stuff happened to me, it was like I had lost whatever make-believe impunity I was holding onto.

Turns out, I had to face my demons after all.

So yes, I know you're scared of the demons in your bedroom but the sad news is that the demons inside you and your life will be scarier.

So just like you battle the demons in your bedroom every night, please learn to fight those demons with bravery too.

Please don't let yourself become your worst enemy because life is going to knock you down so many times, you just have to learn to not knock yourself down.

I know Trisha is kind of annoying but please be kind to her, she may be going through something you don't know about.

And I know Brandon never seems to leave your side and that also annoys you, but trust me he means nothing but good.

Please be respectful to all your teachers and both your parents.

Don't let my stupid letter scare you, you're awesome.

As I said before, I can't promise you a picture perfect life, but I can promise you that you're going to turn out good.

Of course, like every other person in this world, you're going to go wrong in some places, but I promise that you'll always find the right track.

If you fall apart from someone you really care about, try your best to fall back together before things get worse.

Don't worry, your going to get the title of "Best hair" in the yearbook, as you want (just keep using that good smelling shampoo)

Please concentrate on your studies.

You can do anything if you try hard enough.

Don't be afraid to take risks, they often result in the best memories.

Remember that quality matters more than quantity when it comes to friends.

Remember that everyone around you loves you endlessly.

Don't forget to smile through everyday, because I believe your smile can change the world.

Love yourself above all others.

Believe in yourself, because I do.

Love,
Veronica