Introduction

John and Sherlock

There were two red triangles hanging in the darkness. They almost seemed like eyes, staring at him. He tried to put his arm out to touch them, maybe they were buttons to turn some lights on. But no, they were too far away to touch, and he couldn't see his arm anyways. He laid his head back, cautiously, in case the wall wasn't there, as he assumed it was.

It was.

This was so weird, one moment he was sleeping on his armchair next to John in the living room, the next he was sitting in this dark room.

Earlier in the evening

"John," Sherlock called from his armchair, "get me some coffee, will you?"

John sighed. "Fine." He turned on the coffee pot. It was a lazy evening, they didn't have any cases, and Sherlock had somehow managed to not get bored. He brought in the coffee, and sat down. "Sherlock, do you even know how to make coffee on your own?"

"Uh, yeah.." Sherlock was getting tired, John could tell. For some reason, he was trying to stay awake. He looked out the window at the moon, it was full tonight. He glanced over at Sherlock, who's head was slowly nodding. He had surrendered to his tiredness and dozed off, almost spilling coffee all over himself. John chuckled. Soon, he was getting tired too, and before he knew it, had also fallen asleep...

That morning

The next morning, the sun woke John up, causing him to grumble.

"Ugh, stupid sun." He shielded his eyes. "Sherlock, can you close that?!" He got no response. "Sherlock!" He looked over to Sherlock's seat, it was empty. He checked his watch; 7:30 am. Sherlock didn't usually get up this early when he didn't have a case, maybe the sun had woken him up too. John stretched and got up, heading to the kitchen. No signs of Sherlock. He quickly poured some of last night's coffee in a mug and shuffled to Sherlock's room. No sign of him there either. John shrugged, he'd turn up sooner or later.

11:30 am (right now)

Sherlock still wasn't home. John had called everyone he could, and even went down to the police station to check if he was there for some reason.

"Sorry John," said Lestrade, "He hasn't been here all day."

"Oh.." John was confused, why hadn't Sherlock even left a note? He tried calling his phone again- for the seventh time that day. No reply, as usual. John decided to leave him another message. "Hey Sherlock, buddy, we were wondering where you were! Please call back asap, I'm starting to get a little worried, thanks, John." He knew that even if Sherlock was fine, he probably wouldn't call back, that is just the way he is.

His back hurt. He had fallen asleep, and it felt like he had slept on a bag of bricks. It was still dark. Suddenly, bright lights erupted out of nowhere, momentarily blinding Sherlock. He shielded his eyes and looked around. He was sitting in a circular room that was waaaay too white for his taste. His eyes finally adjusted to the light and he looked back to the spot where he had seen the triangles hovering in front of him. He stopped; there was a small, metallic being sitting before him.

"Uhhh.." He was lost for words.

"Dreadful, isn't it?" Sherlock jumped back, smacking his head into the wall behind him.

"Did you just... How did you...what?!" He was lost again, this feeling was new to him. Suddenly, he heard a loud sigh behind him and heard someone step into the room.

"Hey, Marvin, can you-", he stopped suddenly, noticing Sherlock sitting there,"Oh, uh, hi." He spoke nervously, "Are, are you with the police?!"

"Not technically...why?"

The man laughed with relief, "Haha, no reason! So, uh, who are you and why are you on my ship?"

"Ship? You mean like a ship in the sea, right? You know, floating around and stuff?" Sherlock was afraid of the answer.

"Really dude? This ain't no 'ship in the sea'! What are you, an idiot? Dude, you're on the Heart of Gold!"