John 3

John

John leaned on the shopping cart. He was tired and hungry. He and Mrs. Hudson had been shopping for hours. They were currently at the grocery store, the worst part.

"John, dear, should I get the generic brand or the good brand?" She held up two cans of beans. "I like the good brand, but the generic brand is so much cheaper." She thought for a moment and then picked up another can. "Or how about this one? This one is in the middle with prices, but I've never had it before... I wonder if it's any good. John, which one should I get?" John sighed, did women really put this much thought into shopping? He remembered when he was in college, all he did was run his arm down the aisle and hope something good fell in.

"Get them all, Mrs. Hudson." She looked at him like he was nuts.

"All three?! I don't need THAT many beans, John!" She held out the cans again. Quickly, John swiped the nearest can from her hands and threw it into the cart. "Oh, alright then," she said, putting the other two cans back, "I hope we got the right beans."

"Mrs. Hudson, they all taste the same!" He pushed the cart down the aisle. "What do we need now?"

"Actually, we are done!" John smiled. "But, Sherlock has asked us to pick up a few things." John stopped smiling. Sherlock. Of course. John checked his phone again; still nothing from him.