Sherlock 3

Sherlock

"Hey, uh, Earth-man!"

"It's Sherlock."

"Right, Sherlock, you want something to drink?" Zaphod was sitting at a small bar counter with Ix. "It's alcoholic if you're wondering."

"Fine." Sherlock got up from his spot on the floor, he was sitting with Marvin. Zaphod slid him a cocktail glass across the counter and smiled slyly. Sherlock looked at him suspiciously, but picked up the drink. It was clear and had no smell to it.

"I invented it myself!" Zaphod announced proudly. Sherlock lowered the glass to the counter.

"Don't worry, man! Zaphod is a MASTER at mixing drinks!" Ix said happily. Sherlock looked at him and then back a Zaphod, they were both smiling. He sighed and took a drink; Zaphod and Ix did the same. It was good, he had to admit. Suddenly, it hit him. The pain was unbearable, it felt like someone had taken a bag of bricks and slammed them into his skull as hard as they could. He yelled, and collapsed on the floor, shaking. The pain overwhelmed him, and he soon passed out on the floor.

When he woke up, he was still on the floor. Zaphod and Ix were still at the counter, chatting happily about something Sherlock didn't care about. He sat up, feeling a million times better.

"What the HECK was in that drink?!" Zaphod turned around and smiled.

"I'm not sure you'll understand!" He pulled Sherlock up and sat him back in his stool at the counter. "It's called a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. They're wicked, aren't they?" Sherlock nodded. "I takes a couple of times to get used to it...or at least to not pass out."

"Oh, wow."

"Yeah. We won't make you have any more if you don't want any more, don't worry." Sherlock nodded again.

"So, like, you own that drink?"

"Yup."

"That's pretty neat, I guess." He got off the barstool and went back to sit with Marvin. Marvin looked up at him.

"It's like having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick."

"Yeah. That is probably the most accurate description of what I felt." Sherlock liked this robot, he was a lot like him; smart, doesn't like people, and he actually knows what Earth is.

"So, why are you on this ship?"

"I was made to be put on this ship. I hate it here."

"I can imagine, being constantly surrounded by idiots with no escape. I would've killed myself by now if I were you. At least at home I can lock the idiots out of my house or something."

"Yeah." Marvin stood up and walked away to sulk in peace. Sherlock had to admit, this ship was cool. It had robots and it seemed endless. Maybe it was. Sherlock didn't feel like finding out at the moment, though.

"EDDIE!" Zaphod suddenly yelled. Sherlock was confused, was he talking to him? Was there someone else on the ship?

"Yes sir?" A voice came from the ceiling. It sounded like one of those grocery store speakers. "What do you need, Mr. Beeblebrox?"

"What's on the agenda today? We have a visitor!"

"Well, I thought that we could...maybe... Go to Milliway's?"

"PERFECT! You ready to go, Sher?"

"Uh, what's-"

"LETS GO EDDIE!" With that, Zaphod slammed down on a bright blue button.