9 - Soulmate AU

Takes place before "The End".

Angst?? Blood warning? K.

~

~Tord POV~

I awake to a searing pain across my wrist. I hiss, and bring my wrist to my face for a better look.

In the dark, I could make out 4 small cuts, dripping blood all over my sheets. I sigh. My soulmate is at it again. This happens about twice a month.

I drag myself out of bed, and make my way to the bathroom to wash the cuts and bandage myself.

I twist the knob, and it doesn't open. Either someone else was awake at 2:00, or Matt locked us out of the bathroom again.

I head back to my room, rummaging through my suitcase for something to wrap around the wound. I find some gauze that I had left over from when my scars were still healing.

After cleaning up the bloody mess I'd made, I crawl back into bed, shortly falling asleep.

~Tom POV~

My eyes crack open. I slowly glance over at the alarm clock, noticing that I'd slept in, it being 11:30.

I push myself out of bed, smelling food being cooked from the kitchen. I slip my hoodie on over my bare chest, and pull the sleeves down. I wouldn't want the others to see my cuts.

I make my way into the kitchen. It's funny, because Tord would be the last person that you'd expect to cook for us, but he does.

I hear the chopping if a knife, and loom over his workspace, "You gotta proble- SHIT!" He screeched, cutting his finger and dropping the knife into the sink.

As soon as the knife left Tord's hands, I felt a sharp prick at my finger, "...ow?" I mumbled, examining my bleeding finger. I was confused, how did I get cut? Unless..

No. No. I refuse to even think of the idea. Tord and I aren't soulmates. I hate him, he hates me. Right? "..Tom?" Tord asks, pointing to my hand, "..Why are you bleeding?"

"I, uh.." I trail off. If Tord is my soulmate.. he'll know about the cuts. "..Tom?" Tord asks, hiding his face, "I.. I think we're soulmates."

For a moment, everything is quiet. "Um, No." I said, attempting to withdraw from the conversation.

"Um, yes. Come here." He demanded, pointing to the spot on the floor infront of him.

I don't say anything, and continue down the hall. I hear footsteps behind me, and I speed up, flinging my door open and slamming it shut.

Unfortunately, Tord had wedged his arm in at the last second, making us both hiss at the pain.

"See, what'd I tell ya?" He snarks, trying to pry the door open. "This proves nothing!" I screech, shutting the door harder, only making us both hurt worse.

In all, Tord ends up getting the door open. He grabs my arm, and pulls the sleeve up, revealing my series of miscillaneous cuts, and sighs.

He pulls me into a hug. I'm taken aback. I'd never had expected him to actually like me. I find myself hugging back, and I hear Tord sniffle. Is he crying? Over me? "Please don't do that again." He begs, hugging me tighter.

I sigh, bending down to peck him on the forehead, "For you, I won't."