25 - Internet Friends AU

Wowee an update

-
-Tom POV-

I sit on my bed and lean over to grab my laptop, me being too lazy to actually get up and get it. It slips forward and I pull it infront of me, opening it. It begins booting up and I log on, going straight to Skype.

I'd been talking to this guy for about 2 months, now. His name is Tord, and today I was going to ask him if he wanted to meet up. I open the chatroom, my fingers gliding across the keyboard.

(Tom / Tord)

Hey.

Hi.

Wyd

Nothing, really.
I was watching
anime, lol.

,,so ive been
meaning to
ask u.

?

Do u wanna
meet up
sometime
tomorrow?

...

Lol I thought I
was gonna have
to ask you myself.

sooo thats a yes?

It's a yes.

I basically squeal with excitement. He wants to meet up. I thought he would think I was some internet creep, wanting to meet with him so suddenly. I continue the conversation for about 30 more minutes, making plans to meet at the local park. Turns out he lives pretty near, too. How lucky am I?

I shut the laptop off, placing it back on my desk and plugging it in. I throw myself back on my bed, forgetting that I even needed to eat, falling asleep with thoughts of him filling my mind.

-Timeskip/Morning-

I wake up, the memory from yesterday still in my mind. Why am I so excited about this? I'm not gay, right? No. I couldn't be. I grab a towel, heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

-Timeskip/Leaving-

I grab my phone, checking the time. It's about time to leave. I shove it in my hoodie pocket, and grabbing my keys in exchange. I leave the house and lock the doors, twirling the keys on my finger as I head to the car.

-Timeskip for the third time jfc-

I close the car door, turning on my heel and heading for the park. I stop and start to realize that I'm actually really nervous about the whole thing. Maybe I don't wanna meet him. Maybe I'm too scared. What if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks I'm too weird? I take in a deep breath, continuing my walk and keeping a lookout for Tord. He's a good person. He won't care, right?

It's been about 5 minutes now. I've circled the whole park twice, and I haven't found him. Maybe I should give up? He might not have even came. My thoughts are interrupted as I feel two smaller arms wrap around my neck. I stumble, almost falling back at the sudden intrusion, but I caught myself as I realized that it was him. He actually showed.

"That's- that's not funny." I respond to his sudden laughter. "If I fell, it would be on you." I say, prying his small hands off my shoulders. His laughter dies down, and he lets go, landing feet-first on the ground. "So. We finally meet." Tord says, extending a hand. "Finally." I respond, hesitating to take his hand, but doing so eventually.

Awkward silence filled our ears as we found nothing else to say. We both started laughing again, trying to breaking the awkward atmosphere.

"I know a good coffee place around here if you wanna sit down and talk for a while?" Tord asks as the laughter dies down.

"I'd love to."

-

Fuck I can't bring myself to finish the smut chapter I'm working on bc every time I open it up I break into laughter bc the idea is so stupid augh