11- Starbucks AU

Ok so Tord works at Starbucks, and Tom goes to Starbucks because he's not a morning person. Ok? Ok.

~
~Tom POV~

I push open the door to the Starbucks, and a faint jingle rings throughout the small café. Behind the counter, I see my favourite server, Tord.

"Ahh. Hello, Thomas~" Tord chirps from the counter. I sigh, "Hey, Tord." I slip onto the stool that I favor, and rest my head upon my hand. "The usual?" Tord asks. "Yeah." I respond tiredly, eyes drooping slightly. "Something wrong?" Tord asks, bending over so that he is eye level with me over the counter. "Nah. Just tired." I mumble, letting my head rest on the counter.

"This is why I don't go to school." Tord states, turning away to prepare my coffee. "Whatd'ya mean?" I ask, tilting my head up slightly to look at him. "College. I don't go, 'cause it's a waste of time and energy. You have to wake up at 5:30 every day, just to sit in some boring room and listen to some old guy talk about unimportant shit." Tord explained.

"Well, It'll get me a degree. It'll make my resume look better." I counter, as Tord continues to make my drink. "Yeah, well, I've got a full time job here and I dropped out of highschool, so.." Tord argues. "Yeah, but you have to deal with bitchy white girls all day." I retort. Tord slaps the drink down on the counter, allowing a few stray drops of hot coffee to sting my skin.

"Ow."

"Ha."

"I thought you only worked in the morning?" I questioned. "Nah. I figured that if I worked 5 more hours, then I'd get paid for 5 more hours. I work 'til 5 now." He explained, taking a sip from his own coffee.

Tord continues to rant about how college is unnecessary, and that I could still get my dream job as a director without a college degree. I wasn't really listening, I was looking at his eyes. If you looked close enough, you could see them sparkle.

"Oi! Thomas!" I hear Tord yell, snapping his fingers in front of my face. "Uh, Did I space out?" Tord squinted, "You were staring at me." He states blatantly. I feel blush creep onto my face, "Uhhhh sorry?" I apologize, "Heh, don't be. I know I'm," He paused, and struck a 'sexy' pose, "Irrisistable~"

"Yeah, no." I say, stepping off of the barstool and grabbing my coffee. "Well. I'd better head off to school." Tord waves, and I leave the Starbucks.

I sigh as I continue to walk down the street to my campus. I pull out a crumpled slip of paper from my pocket, and unfold it slowly. On it, was a simple number. My phone number. I planned to give it to Tord this morning, but I'm too much of a pussy. He might not accept me, he might not be gay. The chances are pretty low, but who knows? I'm not nearly lucky enough for that. I ball up the paper with my fist, and flick it into the road to be forgotten.

It can wait.

-Timeskip to afternoon-

My pencil glides across the paper, making strokes according to the beat of the music blasting through my cheap earbuds. I look down at my sketch. It's of Tord. I can't seem to get the blonde haired barista out of my mind since this morning.

"Hey Tom?" I hear from my bedroom door. I remove one of my earbuds, "Uh, Hey Edd. What's up?" I ask, taking my earbuds out entirely, setting them on my desk and turning to face him. "Me and Matt wanted to go to Starbucks. He wants to try that new 'unicorn frappucino' that they have."

"Matt and I."

"What."

"It's 'Matt and I' not 'Me and Matt'."

"..."

"..."

"Whatever. You coming?"

Tord works at Starbucks.. I could see him. I could tell him now. But Edd and Matt would be with me.. They'll understand, right? They're my friends. They won't care if I'm gay.

"Yeah. Gimme a sec."

-timeskip to Starbucks-

We pull into the Starbucks, and pile out of the car. Matt is practically vibrating with excitement. "You sure you need a coffee? You seem hyper enough as it is, Matt." I snark, holding the door open for him and Edd.

I wave at Tord, trying to get his attention. He waves back, acknowledging my presence. Edd and Matt slide into a booth, and I seat across from them. Tord handles the counter and making drinks, so he can't come serve us.

~Edd POV~ (wowo new pov)

I notice Tom staring at a guy behind the counter. I slowly lean over the table, "Tom." I whisper, "Who's that guy?" I point to the guy behind the counter. He looks.. different. His blonde hair had been gelled up in two large flicks. Strange.

Tom stuttered as he tried to reply, "Uh, he's.." I smirk, "You like him, don't'cha?" Tom sighs, his head falling to the table. "...maybe." He replies stubbornly.

"Just go talk to him!" I say. It can't be that hard just to talk to someone. If course, I'm an extrovert.. but my claim remains! Tom sighs, "Edd. I talk to him literally every single day." He pauses, "I was planning on giving him my number this morning, but I wimped out." I groan, "Then do it now! You've got your second chance."

~Tommo POV~

I glance down at my phone. 17:00. "He gets off work right now. It's too late." I say, flipping my phone screen down onto the table. I hear an excited "WOO!" from the counter, and I see Tord moving over to our table.

"Hey Tom, mind if I sit with you guys? I just got off work." He asks, looking me in the eye. I freeze. I can't answer. He asked to sit with me. In his spare time.

"Yeah! Not a problem." Edd answers for me. I scoot over, allowing Tord some space to sit down. He reaches his hand across the table to shake Edd's hand. "I'm Tord. You?" "Edd." Edd turns to look at Matt, who isn't in his seat. "Dear god what did he do now?" Edd asks, frantically searching the restraunt. He finds Matt being scolded for trying to drink flavoring directly from the machine. He sighs, and gets up to go apologize to the employee for Matt's childishness.

"...so..." I say awkwardly, breaking the prolonged silence. "This is awkward." Tord says, biting his lip. I laughed, "No, you're awkward." I earned a smile from Tord, as he pushed my arm, "No you're awkward!"

Soon, we ended up just playfully making fun of eachother. Edd and Matt came back eventually, and Matt was introduced. "Hi! I'm Matt. You're hair is weird." He says, extending a hand. "I'm Tord." Tord replies, taking Matt's hand.

The guys actually liked Tord. They went back and forth, telling things about eachother, until Tord had to leave. "Well, I'd better get going." He says, pushing himself out of the booth. We say our goodbyes, and he left.

I never gave him my number. I sigh, and pick up my coffee. A small paper was left on the table where my coffe was. I pick it up, and unfold it. Carefully, in attempt to avoid damage.

It was a number.

A phone number.

-

Wowo 1000+ words :OOoOOOoOOo