20 - Hanahaki Disease AU

It was horrible. Every living moment of Tord's life, he ached for the one he would love, physically and mentally.

He sat awake at night, staring at the ceiling. Then it would start, the violent coughing. He would clutch at his throat, his eyes screwing shut as he felt the thin vines crawl up his throat.

He'd gasp for air, tears pricking at his eyes as he found himself incapable. Soon the small droplets formed into streams and into rivers, eventually falling to the carpet that was littered heavily with the delicate petals that had caused Tord so much harm.

His hacking eventually seized, leaving him red-faced and breathlessly. He sobbed silently, heaving his crumpled body into his bed and drifting slowly into uncomfortable sleep.

Timeskip

Tord's eyes slowly opened, light flooding his grey orbs, dilating his pupils. He wheezed, throat dry from having not drank anything after his coughing fit last night. He pushes himself out of bed, feet pattering on the wooden tile as he makes his way to the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Tom was frantic. His bass- it had gone missing. He had searched everywhere. He watched, eyes squinting as Tord entered the kitchen. He looked horrible, tear streams stained on his face, accompanied by unkempt hair and dark circles under his eyes.

Tom, upon seeing Tord, immediately gets it in his head that Tord took his bass. Tom pushed past Tord, stomping angrily toward Tord's room.

Tord opened his mouth in attempt to protest, but his throat burned and screamed at him to stop. Tord grabbed a glass from the dishwasher, not caring if it was dirtied or not, and ran it under the water. He tilted his head back, downing the drink in only a few short gulps. The coarse, dry feeling eventually ceased as he went through another couple of glasses.

Tord took in deep breaths, admiring the feeling of a clear throat. His relief was short lasted as Tom came through the door, something clenched in his fist. He held up one of the many flower petals that Tord had forgotten to pick up from last night's episode.

"The fuck is this? You have a girl over last night or something?" Tom demands, thrusting the petal into Tord's face. "No, why do you care and why were you snooping around in my room?" Tord asks, folding his arms.

"Because Susan went missing, you're prime suspect."

"And why is that?"

"Because I hate you, and you know that it pisses me off when you take my shit!"

"Well maybe you misplaced it you fucking drunk! Do you know how many times you've done stupid shit that you don't remember doing because of your drinking problem?!"

"Yeah?! Well maybe instead of yelling at me for my issues, maybe sit doWN AND HELP ME FIX THEM YOU COMMIE PIECE OF SHIT!"

It got very quiet. Pure silence. The kind of silent where you think you can hear a faint ringing, but no matter how much you search, there is no sound.

Tom couldn't handle it. He had blamed himself for his own problem for so long- but now that he thinks about it, nobody really even tried to help him. They complained, time and time again. But never did anyone even once try to help.

    Tord opened his mouth to speak again, but he found himself only gasping for air as the tears that escaped his eyes snatched his (weave) breath.

    He closed his eyes, deciding it'd be best not to say anything anyway. Tord headed back to his room with no intention to leave.

Timeskip//Next day

    "Tord! Ya got to come out eventually." Tord calls through the door. No reply. "Tord??" Tom calls again, same response. Tom slowly turns the knob, letting himself inside the dark room.

   Tom flips the light, nothing happening due to Tord being too lazy to switch the bulb (same). Tom sighs, pulling his phone from his hoodie and flipping the flash on.

   Tord was there, sprawled on the floor that was littered with hundreds of tiny petals that were sprinkled generously with blood. Tom dropped to the floor, worriedly checking for a pulse.

There was nothing.

-

oof

A/N: REUPLOAD CUS I FUCKED UP BC I HADNT WRITTEN IN THI FOR LIKE A MONTH AND I FORGOT WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO DIE.