I'm a good girl (32)

Harry's POV.

"Thank you so much Harry, you saved my baby!" Alex cries throwing her arms around me. I don't hug back, which makes it kinda awkward but I'm not the hugging type of guy... "So anyways is Mark her... real father?" I awkwardly ask her, Jess is biting her lip, trying to hold her tears in. Alex sighs. "No. His name is carter. I got pregnant while I was with Mark, but it's not his, it's Carter's. After I found out I couldn't tell Mark I had cheated so I told him it was his. Carter wanted to be there for Cara but I wouldn't let him... He didn't take that well." Tears run down her face as she admits this to us. I just sit there while Jess sobs with her sister. "Why wouldn't you tell me?" Jess cries. "I didn't tell anyone! I was to ashamed and guilty! I'm lucky Cara looks like me so it's not to obvious..." Alex continues.

"And you're sure..." I say to her. "Yes." She nods. "Well you better be carful because he tried to take her, and he was pretty forceful too!" I tell Alex and she nods wildly. "Of course!"

"We should go back to the hotel." I tell Jess, she nods and we leave. "I can't believe this." She shakes her head in disbelief. "I know babe, I'm sorry." I put my hand on her thigh and continue driving. "It's not your fault. It's just Alex tells me EVERYTHING and this is just hard for me." She takes a deep, and tired breath. I stay quiet because I have no idea how to make her feel better about this fucked up situation!

We get into the hotel room with no words exchanged. "I'm going to change." She announces and steps into the bathroom. My poor baby, she never acts like this! She's so out of it I want to make it better but I can't. When I saw Cars being dragged away by that ass hole I instantly thought about Jess. When I heard Cara scream I thought about what I would do if she was Jess. If it was Jess I would have killed him no problem, and I almost did, but then I remembered the scared little 4 year old hiding behind me. In that moment I forgot about my hate for children and my only thought was to save Cara. That was weird for me because I am so used to only caring about Jess...

"I'm going to bed." Jess breaks my thoughts. "Are you ok love?" I ask climbing under the covers next to her. "Yeah." She lies. "No love, you're not." I call her out. "I'm just shocked. And scared that she'll get taken and no one will be there to save her this time." Tears stream down her beautiful cheeks. I don't know what to say so I just bring my lips to hers and twirl her hair around with my fingers.

"I love you." I tell her. "I love you harry." She sleepily kisses me. I turn off the light and bring her close to me, wrapping my arms around hers.

***

"Auntie Jessie! Uncle Harry wake up!" I hear a squeaky voice yell, followed by something jumping on me. I groan and turn away. "Wake upppp! We have to go to Disney world! Noww!" Is that Cara? I think it is, how did she get here? Wait did she call me Uncle Harry? I open my eyes quickly and sit up. Was that a dream?! "Harry!" She squeals jumping on me. "Wake Auntie Jessie up." She demands pointing at Jess. Jess' hair is a total mess, and she's sprawled out on the bed giving me minimal space. "Ok." I agree peeling Cara off of me. I stand on the bed over her. "Jessika!" I yell, nothing. I start jumping, still nothing. This time I just fall on top of her. "Harry what the hell?!" She screams making me throw my head back in laughter. She looks around seeing Cara giggling on my side of the bed. Her eyes go wide when she sees her. "I mean heck! Don't repeat that!" She warns Cara making her giggle some more. "Yoy can get off of me now." She glares at me. "Good morning to you too!" I laugh and kiss her forehead. She rolls her eyes and stands up. "Wait how did you get here?" She points to Cara. "Mommy has a key. She looks at me in confusion and I shrug.

"I don't care enough to ask." She groans and walks into the bathroom. I turn to Cara, "So what's this about Disney?" I ask her. "Mommy said you'd take me there." She jumps with excitement. I get up and go into the bathroom. Jess is in the shower. "Why the hell are we going to Disney?" I ask her. "Harry? What the hell you scared me!" She screams at me, making me chuckle. "Sorry now why are we going to Disney?" I ask again. "I didn't know we were... Go get my phone." She demands I get off of the counter I was sitting on and go into the bedroom. Cara is sleeping on my side of the bed. I guess she was tired? I chuckle and go back into the bathroom. "Did she text me?" Jess asks. "Lemme check." I say and put in her pass code. I check her messages and I see one from Alex. "Yeah she said,