ー L I G H T ー

you are the shadow
of my light.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

YEAR 2015
NAGOYA, JAPAN.

"akiko, are you sure you wanna go home yourself?" a girl stood in front of the doorstep of her house with a worried look on her face while her friend, akiko was wearing her shoes and preparing to walk home.

"yeah don't worry, mina." akiko grinned. "i'm already 17 years old. i'm old enough to go home myself. plus my home is just a few blocks away." akiko winked, making sure that her friend wasn't worried.

"alright." mina nodded. "remember to text me when you got back home kay." mina said and patted akiko's head.

"okay okay. you're just like my mum." akiko laughed and ran away before mina could hit her.

"yay you idiot! i'm not your mother okay!" mina shouted behind.

akiko laughed even harder.

after coming out from mina's house, akiko turned her heels to the street.

it was already 10pm, the sky was already dark and the street was silent because most people had go home.

akiko blamed herself for not getting back home earlier because she was actually scared.

plus her way back home need to get pass of an abandoned building. akiko shivered at the thoughts of the abandoned building.

just as akiko was trying hard not to think of the abandoned building, she reached the path beside the abandoned building.

doing a deep breathe, akiko covered herself with her jacket and walked fast to pass by the abandoned building.

at the middle of the path, the abandoned building's light suddenly turn on, the lights shine through and akiko could see her shadow on the ground.

oh shit. akiko cursed. the building was abandoned and the lights were already went off for years. it's impossible for the building lights to turn on.

but the abandoned building's lights were on right now! akiko gasped at the building before realizing that she should run for her life.

without hesitation, she used the fastest speed she had to run away from the abandoned building and back to her home.

"akiko? did you just run?" when akiko entered her house, her brother takuya was still awake and was working with his laptop. he frowned at the sight of her sister's heavy breathing and hair that got messy because of the running.

"y-yeah." akiko nodded.

"lol why are you running?" takuya closed his laptop and glanced at his sister.

"ah i'm just training. remember there's always physical test in school? i don't wanna fail so yeah." akiko grinned, her heart was still beating fast because of all the running.

"ah got it." takuya nodded and opened his laptop. "go and take a bath before going to sleep."

"okay. good night." akiko muttered before running back to her room.

takuya frowned. why is my sister so weird?

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

the abandoned buildng.

lights on.