[Chapter 7] Who's Next?

**Kenya's POV**

It was Saturday morning, and I was in bed hidden underneath the covers. Joey's proposal from yesterday kept running in and out of my head. I really like Joey, but I just didn't think I was ready to get married. So I decided to escape my problems by staying in my bed, under the safety of my covers.

My phone had been ringing and making noises all morning. I finally reached over and looked at my phone. It read:

From: Joey Graceffa (BF)

12 Text Messages

14 Emails

7 Missed Calls

7 Voice Mails

It rang again to tell me that I had another text message from Joey, but I turned my phone off again. I placed it on my night stand and submerged once again underneath my covers. Then a knock came. I yelled, "Go away!" Someone knocked again, "I SAID..."

The door opened and light from the hall blinded me. "Kenya, get your ass out of bed," Rachael told me. I looked over at her and saw that her nose was completely covered in tape.

"I really can't take you serious with that tape on your face."

"Well if it wasn't for you and Anthony fighting a few days ago I wouldn't have tape on my face!" She shouted at me.

"Okay sorry! I'm sorry!"

She crossed her arms across her chest, "I'm serious though. You need to get up and out of bed."

I ignored her and went back under my covers and yelled, "No!"

"We are not teenagers in high school anymore, hiding under covers!" She paused, "Don't make me get Joey," She threatened, unaware of what happened between the two of us. I hadn't told her about it. Nor had he.

"Yeah... You go do that!" I retorted.

She turned away from me and shouted into the hallway, "Joey!"

"Whoa whoa! He's here!?"

Rachael looked back at me and nodded her head, "He and I were working on Shane's case with Anthony. And we need your help with tracking him. That's why I came to wake you up."

"Well I don't want to get up."

"You called?" Joey asked as he stood in the doorway.

Rachael sighed, "Will you get your girlfriend out of bed? So she can help us with the case?"

Joey looked at me for a slight second before returning his attention to Rachael, "Umm...do we really need her help? Anthony knows the same stuff..." My eyes widened in hurt.

"Yeah, but we're not a complete team without her," Rachael explained.

"I personally agree with Joey right now, Anthony knows the material." I said. Rachael noticed I wasn't looking at Joey and vise versa.

"I see what's going on here!" Rachael said.

"You do!?" Joey and I said in unison.

"Whatever it is, fix it, we have a case to work on!" And with that she turned around and walked away.

Joey stood at the threshold for a while before moving towards the bed and sitting down next to me. I unwrapped the covers and sat on the side of my bed. We sat there in silence, and it filled the air. Then Joey took a deep sigh and said, "Did I do something...?"

"Wrong? No, you're one of the best things that's ever happened to me in a long time."

"Then I don't understand. Do you not like me anymore?" He asked as he stared down at his hands.