[Chapter 16] Calm Down

-Rachael’s POV-

I sat in the bed, glaring at the doctor who had previously knocked me out. He was checking my vitals. “Well, Miss Eckerson, you seem to be doing a lot better than before. You should be on your feet in no time.” He told me with a grin.

“And when I get on my feet, I’m gonna take this pole and bash it into your head. And then I...” I mumbled to myself as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Excuse me?” He snapped back at me.

“You heard me. And then I’m going to wrap this fucking IV tube around your neck and pull it so hard…” Just then, before things escalated, a different nurse, very familiar of face, came in and I shut my mouth.

“You’re needed somewhere else,” The nurse who entered told him. He looked over his shoulder and sighed, exiting the room. The nurse approached me and I got a good look at her. I raised my eyebrow as I tried to put a name to her face.

She started taking down my vitals, “Well, seems like you’re doing well, Miss Erickson.”

I rolled my eyes. All of my life people have been mispronouncing my last name. “It’s Eckerson,” I corrected her. She ignored me.

“Do you know where Anthony, Joey, and Kenya are?” She asked me. I looked at her skeptically as she injected something into the saline bag that hung above me.

“Why? How the hell do you know them?!”

She glanced down at me and smirked, “It’s good to keep people you care about close to you. Especially at a time like this.” A chill was sent up my spine. Who was this person and why was she asking me about Anthony, Joey, and Kenya?

“Why?” I repeated.

The nurse turned away from me, “He’s coming for you. You won’t know when, and he won’t tell you why. But he’s coming for you. He’s coming for all of you.” And with that she walked out. I stared out the doorway for the longest time before I realized who it was.

“Clare!” I exclaimed, sitting straight up, just then I started to feel different. I clutched my chest which felt like there were a thousand pounds on it. I felt light-headed and sick to my stomach as the room around me started to spin. I rubbed my eyes before reopening them - the room thankfully had stopped turning, though the sick feeling stayed in the pit of my stomach. I lied back and looked up at the saline bag. What had she done to me?

-Conscience’s POV-

I was at the door, looking back at Kenya as she slept soundly. I smirked before walking out and closing the door behind me. I walked into the bathroom and clutched onto the sink.

“You’re unbelievable!” I heard someone yell at me. I glanced up and saw the real Luke looking at me, “You’re un-fucking-believable! You had sex with Kenya!?!”

“You slept with Rachael,” I snapped back at him and shrugged my shoulders.

He smacked his forehead, “I hate this. I really hate this.”

“Well I hate being your conscience. It’s embarrassing how different we are! I would never admit to someone that I killed their boyfriend’s best friend just because I liked her. And I would never fall in love with the person I’m meant to kill.”

“That’s a lie!” He screamed, “You fell in love with Kenya!”

I smirked, “Who says I’m killing her?”

“You bastard!” He banged against the glass separating him from me, “I swear to you, as soon as I get out of here and back in my own body...”