[Chapter 8] The Bigger Picture

-Anthony's POV-

I watched as Joey stumbled back away from Shane.

"Who is it?" Kenya asked him.

"It's...it's..." He looked back at me, "It's you, Anthony." My eyes widened. He had the most serious look in his face.

"What? Why me?" Then suddenly the house phone rang.

Kenya picked up the phone and said, "Hello?" Kenya looked at me and pushed the speaker button.

"Hello Anthony," said the mysterious voice. "It's a shame you all didn't take my warning into consideration."

"Who the hell are you?" I demanded to know.

The person on the other end laughed, "Oh, Anthony, you'll soon find out. Oh, I have a friend here. Would you like to say hi?"

"Stay the fuck away from me..." I heard faintly in the background. It sounded like Rachael.

"Rachael!" I yelled out loud.

"Tssk tssk tssk! Now is that anyway to talk to a friend?" The person said to Rachael.

"Get away from her, you creep! Or I'm going to kill you!"

"Be my guest and try. I am going to text you the address to where you can come and get her back. But you better be quick, or I might just have to take matters into my own hands..."

"Get your fucking hands off of me! You're sick!" Rachael screamed.

"You bastard! Lay a hand on her..." He hung up the phone. I was about to crush the phone in my hands when Joey took it away from me.

"Anthony, chill. We will get her back. When have we not?" Kenya said, "And I recorded the call so I can find out who the real person behind all this is."

"How long?" Joey asked.

"We don't need the call," I butted in, "I've got the address. He texted me, remember?" I pulled my cell phone and saw there was a text message. From Rachael. It was the address. Along with a disheartening picture.

The picture was of Rachael tied up with tears streaming down her cheeks as whoever this guy was kissed her on the cheek against her will. "Show her you still love her. Come and save her." I took my phone and threw it across the room, it crashed into the wall, breaking into pieces.

"I swear on his grave, I am gonna kill that bastard!" I boomed.

"Anthony, stop before you do something crazy and go and get you and Rachael both killed." Kenya warned me.

"Did you get the address?" Joey inquired.

"What about Shane?" Lisa butted in.

"What about him?" I asked.

"No, no this is good," Joey said as a smile crawled on his face. "Shane's been with this guy, maybe he can tell us who he is..."

"But he's still badly injured and barely with us, Joey," Kenya remarked, "He's not giving us any answers any time soon."

"But we have to try, we need to know what who we're up against," I remarked.

"Shane, we need you to help us with something." Lisa told him softly. All he did was mumble, "We need you to think back to when you were taken by this guy, do you remember what they looked like?" He said nothing for a while.

Then Shane mumbled something that attracted all of us around him. "L-L-" We all leaned in a little closer, "L-L-" He repeated what he said, but it was still inaudible and no one could understand him.