Prologue

1770 days after Praimfaya( 4years and 10months)

Bellamys POV:

Sitting, against one of the halls on the ring, I stare out at the massive window overlooking the fire-blazing earth. As I have done for most of my time here- with a bottle of whiskey in my hand.

As the Footsteps get louder and louder, I already know what's coming. I take a swing of my drink before leaning my head against the wall and I close my eyes; someone sits beside me, taking the drink from me as well- I don't bother looking who it is.

" When did this hall become a graveyard?" Monte asks me in a saddened tone

" When I left her to die." I take back my drink and drown my sorrows

" Your not the only person who lost someone Bellamy." Monte says feeling sorry for the two of us

" Yeah but you've got Harper. I have you guys as a reminder that I failed her." I say as a tear slips

Monte thinks for a second as if trying to piece his words together, in a manner where I won't start crying and tell him to Piss off.

" Just because she's dead doesn't mean she's gone. You never failed her Bellamy and she would probably slap you right now if she could for saying that."

" That's all I want." I say quietly

" For her to slap you?"he asks me amused

" Just like old times. I'd do something stupid, she'd shout at me, I'd shout back, she'd probably hit me then I'd shout again and feel bad afterwards. So I'd apologize and make up with her." I smile but it fade knowing that I'll never see her smile: she rarely smiled on the ground anyways.

She did with me though.

" BELLAMY, MONTY. GET TO THE-" Ravens voice shouts over the speakers on the ring, we look at each other but her voice is blurred out by something attaching itself to our ship.

What the fuck.

1856days after Praimfaya (5years and a month)

Clarke's POV:

My body jolts awake and a smirk beams over my face. Sitting up immediately, I push Madi's sleeping body awake until she wakes up.

She's a 14year old girl so yes, she is sometimes a bitch when I wake her up.

" Can't we sleep." She asks, already knowing she's defeated.

" Don't you want to see my friends?" I ask with excitement

This is the day. Raven had told me the plan, we were meant to wait five years and 1month to come down just to be safe it was habitable...I've been counting down the days, literally. On the wall, in Ali's lab. I get to see the others after so long and, wow I'm just so excited.

" Come on then." Madi says, cheering up a little," Since it's all you'be been going on about for the past 5 years-"

I don't think I've ever been this excited.

We make our way out of Ali's lab and head for the truck. Running into the drivers seat, I shout at Madi( not harshly) for being too slow but in a lifetime we are moving to our occasional spot. The rock.

Sitting on the bonnet of the car, I look up to the sky not really knowing what to do other than wait. Madi places herself on the floor making a daisy chain with some flowers beside her- I can already tell she's bored.

" When are they expected to come down?" She asks me

" Soon." I reply as I look towards the sky.

For the first time, in a long time, I'm filled with hope and excitement. I can barely sit still; it almost seems surreal but this is happening and I can't wait.

" Heres the radio, you haven't done it yet today." Madi chucks the radio towards me; I smile.

Turning on the radio, I bring my mouth towards the piece of hope that keeps me together.

" It's me. I think it's the first time I've said this stuff with a smile. I was so close to loosing hope and now- now you're coming home. I'll get to see you shortly and I can't wait- I can't wait for you too meet Madi as well," I shout at Madi and tell her to come to sit beside me on the car bonnet," Madi say hi." I beam

"You guys better come down soon because Clarke is getting on my nerves...and she misses you guys. She has told me all about you as well." She says into the radio and I smile at how she seems excited too.

A few hours later....(around midday)

"I thought you said they were coming down today." Madi groans, letting her head fall onto the car bonnet beside me. We lie across the windshield, side by side watching the sky and clouds.

" There's still plenty of time." I say hopefully- Bellamy Blake is always one to make an entrance

Of course they're coming....right.
Come on Clarke, you don't even know if they made it when you set the machine up, they could be dead for all you know.
They aren't dead though, there's no way he could be dead. None of them can.

Sunset...

" Clarke, maybe they're coming tomorrow, can we go back please." Madi begs and I finally give in, but not letting my emotions show.

" Yeh, why don't you take the rover- I'm gonna stay, I need to be alone for now." I smile, jumping off the bonnet

" Ok, I'll come by in the morning." She says, giving me a hug before taking the rover and leaving.

Once Madi is gone, I sit on the ledge looking down at the patch of newly grown trees beneath and beyond me. A fit of anger overcome me- I haven't had this in a while. It's as if all the emotions I've hidden from Madi have broken the place they were being held at and are flooding through me.

But no emotion is shown on my face, I'm going insane.

A single thought slips into my head, that makes me question the last five years of my life: did they even make it? I kept the radio with me when Madi left, so I decide to pull it out and speak into it again; tugging on my last piece of hope.

" Did you even make it . Or did I kill you too. I shouldn't think like this but I am and believe me when I say this: I'm trying to keep a good face for Madi but....I don't know why I'm like this, I'm fine, healthy, happy," there's an ounce of doubt with the last word that even I can't hide," Well I'm trying to be....but a good man once told me that as long as I'm breathing there's hope. That man told me a lot of things too much to say right now but It's giving me hope....and right now that's all I have. I know your alive,because I'd be dead without you Bellamy, without all of you so yeah if you can hear me: have hope."

I place the radio on the floor beside me and just allow the tears to fall and wash away my thoughts, I guess I fell asleep

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️

Hey Guys, so this is the first chapter of my book. Hopefully, I'll be updating every other day or so.

Who's excited for the summer holidays🙃😊😊😊