War is among us

Clarke's POV:

As Bellamy and I begin to make our way towards the entrance of the ship, both of us holding guns and all ready, it's like everything I previously learned about war came flying back.

It's a horrific sight. You can't tells who's on what side, there's blood and guts everywhere. Focusing attention in another direction, Bellamy pulls my hand and leads me back into the ship and into a little storage room where it's easier to talk.

" We should be out there Bellamy." I state folding my arms

" You don't wanna catch the big guy? I could use some help." He smirks," Plus I think O's handling outside pretty well." In return, I smirk back at him.

" Just like the old days." I recall as I load my stolen gun

" Ready for this?" He asks, also readying his own.

" As always." I nod as we exit the tiny closet and make our way into finding Eva.

As we make our way through, multiple guards block our path on numerous occasions but we put them all down, one by one. Swiftly, we make our way by each corridor and finding no sign of her or her little lap dog: James.

Eventually, we find ourselves standing outside the control room door and with a single nod we let ourselves inside. Wth all the electricity off, it's no surprise they have an emergency back up system to keep their computers on. Inside the large room, all the computer screens are black and the only noise is the slight humming and footsteps on the metal floor. With the emergency lights leaving an amber glow in the room I set my gun down on a desk and sit beside a larger computer screen, the only one with the glow of a turned on screen.

" Shouldn't it be off?" Bellamy asks from behind, his hands leaning on the chair I'm sat in.

" I'd say it's the only one running on the backup system."

" Maybe they have a self destruct button, we could lure the remaining soldiers inside and get Monte to-"

" What are we doing Bellamy?" I ask, spinning on the chair to face him," I know we have to kill them but some of them are workers, some of them are innocent."

" You know there aren't any good guys Clarke, it's us or them. You know that."

" Yeah but I've seen children. I've seen slavery and workers; they aren't apart of them. Whatever old world they lived in doesn't exist anymore and I think we should give them a chance to live in our new one." I tell him, partly arguing with myself

" Clarke...," He kneels on the floor, becoming level with me and places his hands in mine," the last thing you said to me was to make sure I use my head and I need you to use yours now. I will stand by you. Like I always have done. But you need to use your head as well."

" I am." I say, tears forming," But I need to use my heart too. I didn't do that before." I admit, meaning a million things into one sentence," Killing everyone doesn't work Bell. We learned that the hard way...we kill who needs to be killed. Please tell me you understand." I beg, he waits a few seconds and closes his eyes before hanging in head and looking to me.

" I thought we didn't decided who lives and dies."

" Well I'd rather be the person to do it than your sister." I smile gently

" How do we decide Princess." He says gently, to lighten to mood in a bloody storm

" We kill him and her then we're done. We show his people their heads on a stick and give the others a chance." I answer, agreeing myself.