Waking up

(Before the Eligius ship landed on Earth)

Murphy's POV:

"Clarke...CLARKE!! I'M SORRY!!" Bellamy screams as he sleeps.

For fucks sake, this is the second one today.

Bellamy wraps himself onto the floor, in the back corner of our cell; rocking back and forward, shaking violently in his sleep. He's been getting nightmares all the time, especially since we were took prisoners on this mother-fucking piece of dog shit. He's scared and....lucky me to have to share a cell with him, let's be honest though Murphy: you'd much rather be in a cell with Bellamy, since he's the strongest. 

Unfortunately, for the both of us, I'm no good at comforting  people- well except Emori. Still screaming out, I crawl over like the cockroach I am and press both hands firmly on his wrinkled tee-shirt and begin to shove him until he wakes up.

I'm not horrible, he told me to.

Quickly, he forces himself awake; he's covered in sweat and i'm pretty sure I just saw a tear as well. Bellamy sits himself along the back wall, in the corner leaning against the steel looking into space. In attempt to comfort him, I sit beside him but clearly showing no confidence on this stuff.

" Same nightmare?" I ask- really Murphy; no this is good, it might help him to talk about it.

" Every time I try to get some damn sleep." Bellamy replies in a low voice as if not wanting to be heard, brining his legs close to his chest and resting his arms on them.

" Wanna share?" I ask, trying to be helpful, for a brief moment he doesn't answer and I begin to think he's gone back to sleep but eventually he answers.

" She dies," He mumbles,"Right in front of me and," he struggles for words but keeps going," I can't help her. Murphy, I left her to die- I should've-" Bellamy tries to finish but he can't.

" You did the right thing Bellamy. We'd all be dead if you didn't and I don't think I could have done what you did." I admit and he turns his head to look at me.

" What do you mean?" He asks trying to get a fresh thought on his mind

" If it was Emori there...I couldn't have left. I'm not strong enough and as much as I love her, I couldn't do that if she asked me to. I'm too scared to let go." I admit only now fully realizing how strong Bellamy actually is: not that I' d ever tell him that.

Fuck. Did I- damn starting to loose my bad-boy reputation.

" She's dead Murphy and I still...I still think about her every fucking day and it's driving me insane." He admits- he was in deep.

" If she was here, what would you say to her right now?" I ask him, in attempt to cheer him up a little.

He thinks of a response and I swear that I saw, for a brief moment, a smirk appear on his lips before his mouth cuts it off by talking.

" I'd tell her, that I'm sorry." He finishes his sentence quietly and obviously not wanting to say anymore but I know why he means. May as well change the topic again.

" So, you and Echo huh?" I ask him and he frowns at me, then rolls his eyes.

" Subtly was never a strong suit of yours.... we haven't seen each other in ages Murphy- it was a one time thing." He says defending himself