Old wounds never heal

Clarke's POV:

" Is it my turn yet?" A voice appears behind me as I sit with Harper on the log, fixing her up. I'd know that voice even if I was deaf.

" Yeah, Your all done Harper. Get some rest, you deserve it." I pat her arm before we both stand up and give one another a tight squeeze, I almost forget the male standing behind me.

Once she leaves I turn to him and smile lightly, we get lost in each other's eyes: speaking a thousand words without a single sound escaping our lips.

" I need some more bandages, there's some in the rover I'll be two seconds." I tell Bellamy before quickly walking towards the rover, in the opposite direction. Reaching about two yards, I feel his presence beside me walking towards the rover with me.

" I could have went myself Bellamy." I say softly as I open the two back doors revealing hordes of blankets and medicine.

" Last time you went by yourself you didn't come back...I'm never leaving your side princess." There it is. That nickname. I smile at his concern for me.

I chuckle slightly. He sits himself on the back of the rover, his knees touching mine as I stand opposite him, to my surprise I sit in the rover with him.

" Fix me up Doc." He smirks and I raise an eyebrow

" I'll be able to see better with the campfire Bellamy. I don't want to make you bleed to death." I instruct him but he doesn't budge

" 6 years ago that would've been a dream of yours."

" That was a long time ago." I state

We stare at each other before breaking into wacky smiles as I take his hand in mine, scanning over the bruises and blood; I feel an ounce of anger boil through my veins but he obviously notices because his grip tightens on mine.

" I'm okay Clarke, really. Just a few scratches." He tries to convince me but I'm not moved

" You could have bled to death Bellamy. They hurt you and they knew what they were doing." I stutter, studying his hand..he places his on top of mine.

" I deserved it Clarke-"

" Don't say you deserve it for leaving me behind Bellamy. I made that choice. I'd make it again and again, if it meant saving you." I admit proudly as I look up to his big brown eyes.

" I should've stayed, what if you never found Madi? You would have been all alone because I left you to die...I'm so sorry." He pours his heart out as tears dominate his cheeks running all down his face.

Instantly, I wrap my arms around him. It takes a minute for him to react properly but when he does I eventually feel at home and safe, knowing that I have someone who I know will keep me safe. Even if it kills him. I feel his salty tears sink into my shoulder but I only pay attention to the beating of his heart from his chest. I keep my eyes closed, scared that when I open them it's all a dream. It seems like the ones I've had already. As quick as the warmth comes it goes as we pull apart and Bellamy starts off the conversation.

" Hell I think we deserve that drink by now." He smirks

" Later, now I need to fix you up otherwise you might get an infection." I say turning into doctor mode.