TWO

Chapter Two: Inferior

❝Everybody has a chapter that they don't read out loud

Everybody has a chapter that they don't read out loud.

9/1/75

♦♦♦

AS THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS came to a halt, the sad little Lurapithia pulled her robes over her shoulders and started out of the compartment. She pulled the door open and stalked out, only to collide with a figure with a loud "Oof!" She fell to the carpeted floor of the train.

I am a fool.
I can't fall.
I already failed, and I'm not even to the school yet.

From the thud she heard, the person she ran into fell as well. She glanced around, spotting the poor soul that had been in her grumpy path. Remus, the mousy brown haired boy.

"I humbly apologize for my clumsiness. I-" Lurapithia began, refusing to meet his eyes.

"No, no that's quite alright. My fault really, wasn't looking where I was going. Sorry Lurapithia." Remus muttered, pink dusting his cheeks.

Lurapithia's brow furrowed. She wanted to scream at him. She wanted to punch and kick the tall, handsome boy on the ground in front of her.

Don't use that vulgar name, you bimbo.

But as she thought back, she couldn't remember a time when he had directly insulted her. Was he different? No, He watched as she was tormented. He wasn't different from the sea of people who simply didn't care. The semi-nice wiener of a man quickly got to his feet, offering a hand to Lurapithia.

However she, being the prideful person she was, did not take his peace offering. She got right up onto her feet and prowled off like a lion with a busted ego. She dodged the mudpuddles, even if she wished she could dirty up her stupid tights for her stupid mother. She did not like these tights. She would much rather wear jeans like the muggle children. She visibly cringed at the beating she would get from her father if he had heard that thought.

Muggles are inferior beings. They have no place in this world. Do you understand?

Lurapithia heard him say when they passed them at Kings Cross Station earlier that day. His voice was wraspy from the fire whiskey he had been drinking.

"I don't understand, Papa." She mumbled under her breath.

She reached the thestral-drawn carriages and hopped into the first empty one she saw. She liked the thestrals, more than she liked actual horses. She felt like they were similar in some ways; only invisible to certain people, ugly and bone thin.

Her professors had told her that most people couldn't see these beasts, and they had asked her who she had witnessed the death of. She lied and said that she saw her Great Grandfather die, but little did they know....