NINE

Chapter Nine: Banter and Baked Potatoes

❝Thank you for the memories, even though they weren't so great

Thank you for the memories, even though they weren't so great.

♦♦♦

Books.

AS FAR AS LURAPITHIA could see, there were books. They were stacked, almost to the point of danger. If a stack were to topple onto her head, concussion would occur. Novels were on bookshelves, at the foot of his bed, neatly piled in his closet, and just about everywhere else.

"I'm sorry for the mess, I never thought I would have you in my room."

All Lu could do was smile.

"This is marvelous, Remus." She stated, feeling proud to be in the presence of so many books.

She began assessing the room in which she stood. The door was in the bottom-right corner, allowing you to see most of the room right as you walk in. There was a four-poster bed with dark blue blankets in the top-left corner of the room. Just right of the bed, was a small window, where you could see the pond outside.

The desk was in the top-right corner of the room, sporting a quint lamp and jumbled papers. Under the desk was a waste-basket, empty and pristine, due to the lack of Remus' presence. To the left of the door stood a wooden wardrobe, similar to the one in Narnian tales, but with less intricate designs.

In the middle of his room, there was a monsterous stack of books, Lurapithia guessed to be his favorites. The stack included: "Mary Poppins", "Les Misérables", "To Kill a Mockingbird", "The Secret Garden", and "Quidditch Through the Ages".

"I hope you enjoy reading as much as you seem to, because you're in for an adventure or two."

Remus walked around his pillar of books, plopping down on his bed. He patted the spot next to him, indicating for Lurapithia to join him. Once she planted herself onto the bed, Remus grinned at her. He shifted his body so he was now facing her completely, then began to speak.

"Now that we are here, I would like to know some things. Are there any words that you hate?"

Lurapithia gazed at the boy in front of her in confusion.

Words that I hate?

"What do you mean?"

"There are certain words that some people can't stand. Like my Mum, she'd kick me out of the house if I ever said the word 'moist'.
"I can't forget her shuttering when my dad said 'moist mouth'. Are there any words that make you shutter?"

Lu thought back to all the words she'd heard in the past.

"Well... 'Portfolio'. It just sounds really weird. Then there's 'yolk', 'curd', and 'smear'. 'Phlegm' is absolutely terrible!"