NINETEEN

Chapter Nineteen: Panicked

"I'll be right thereBut you'll have to grab my throat and lift me in the air

But you'll have to grab my throat and lift me in the air."

♦♦♦

LURAPITHIA GLANCED at the spider crawling up the crimson wallpaper. It's eight furry legs intricately plucked at it's web like a harpist gently strumming their instrument. Of course there could be plenty of analogies said here, but this spider, was just a spider. Just a hairy little thing who sent little girls screaming to their mothers. The spider paid no mind to the red head in the corner of the compartment.

Lurapithia fought back the tears that were pushing at her eyelids. Her eyes had been closed for the majority of the ride. At first, she had tried to fight the drowsiness, but it was eating away at her, beckoning her to the comforts that sleep would bring her. But she couldn't, not here. She had to keep her mind busy. She knew the only way to keep herself awake was to inflict small amounts of pain on herself, so she had been pinching the burnt skin on her left hand. It kept the tears coming, but it kept her present.

Lurapithia opened her eyes, turning her head towards the wide window beside her. She watched longingly as the world passed by. The Hogwarts Express was going far too slow for her liking. The train flowed around a small mountain, smoke floating into the fast approaching dusk. Lurapithia couldn't help but yearn for a different time. Hogwarts wasn't far away. Soon she'd be welcomed by the warm candlelight in the great hall, sitting at the Gryffindor table alone with her mashed potatoes.

She could talk to Remus when she got there, but she had play it off like she wasn't trying her hardest to stay awake. She was pulled from her thoughts as she heard the compartment door slide open.

"Anything from the trolley, dear?" Said the lady behind the sweets, a sad smile on her face when she saw that Lu was alone.

"Not today, thank you though." Lurapithia replied, tucking a lock of red hair behind her ear.

The trolley lady looked behind her back, grabbed a chocolate frog from her cart, then hobbled toward the girl in the corner. She stretched her wrinkly hand to Lurapithia, placing the frog in the crook of her arm.

"Then why don't you just save that for later, sweety." She whispered, patting Lu's arm gently.

Lurapithia's lips parted slightly, shock evident on her face. Her brows furrowed. The trolley lady teetered back to her cart, trudging away to offer sweets to other children.

Lurapithia thought that was the only company she would get for hours, but she was wrong.

No more than an hour later, a head of shaggy hair popped through the door.

"Lurapithia?" Sirius whispered, silvery eyes peering through locks of black.

The redhead shot up in her seat, her back arching painfully.