TEN

Chapter Ten: Pancakes and Poppins

❝People do not cry because they are weak, but because they have been strong for too long

People do not cry because they are weak, but because they have been strong for too long.

12/21/75

♦♦♦

AFTER LURAPITHIA'S ODD trip to the loo, she had gone back up the stairs quietly and went straight to bed. The spare room was far nicer than her room at home, with a four poster in the corner, a closet, and a nightstand. Once Lu had woken from her nightmare-free slumber, she began to unpack the seldom things she brought.

She placed her toothbrush onto her nightstand, along with her nearly empty tube of toothpaste, her hairbrush, and her wand. In the closet she hung her five shirts, and on the floor of her closet she placed her sneakers, her undergarments, her socks, and her pants. After she had put her shirts in order by the length of sleeve, she gazed at the clock on the far wall, and saw that it read 8:46.

An even number.
That's good.
Though you could've gone for 8:45.
Fives are better than evens in these situations.

She sat on her pristine four poster, staring at the opposite wall as she contemplated everything she possibly could. She contemplated the deeper things, worked to the simple, then came to an extremely disturbing thought.

What would it be like to kiss Remus?

"Wait, what?"

Lurapithia muttered out loud, shaking herself out of her odd thought process. Had she really just thought that? Once she thought of the idea, the images came flooding into her brain, causing her to jump off her bed while grasping at her head.

"No, no, no! That..."

Lu shuttered at the pictures in her head, going to the nearest wall and banging her forehead.

"Ugh... That is highly unnecessary! Stop, stop, stop. No."

The images began to disperse, but the thought was still there. Only, Lurapithia didn't know why it was still there.

Wait... Do I want that to happen?

Do... Do I want to kiss Remus Lupin?

No. Please no.

"Never."

♦♦♦

Not 30 minutes later, the smell and sound of bacon sizzling caused Lurapithia's mouth to water. She changed into her normal attire, then neatly folded her night clothes. She tiptoed downstairs and peered around the corner, only to see Hope already smiling at her.

"Can you help me, Lurapithia?"

"Er.... I don't know how to cook."

"I'll teach you."