History

Allen POV

It was raining  so heavily that I was sure Anna wouldnt come. 

But she did. She rang the doorbell twice, and I sprint to the door and open it.

My heart warmed at  the sight of her. I gestured her to come in.

She was wearing a maroon sweater and jeans. We sat on my couch, shoulders barely touching.

She had a small bag with her, and she took out her textbooks.

'We'll do European History first', I say. She makes a gagging expression and I laugh.

'I take it you're not fond of European History', I say. 'Whatever', she grumbles, smoothing her black hair.

We discuss a lot. She was not stable with the dates, so we made notes on the important dates. We went throught the French Revolution, which she equally despised.

She sometimes frowns at the textbook when she doesnt understand something. She looks adorable at those times, small creases appearing on her forhead.

'What are you staring at?', she asks, amusedly.

I start a little. 'Nothing', I ay, shrugging.

Neverthless, she gives me a knowing smile and continues writting. After an hour and a half, she groans. 'I cant take more of this', she huffs.

I shake my head. 'A little more', I prompt gently. She sighs and looks at me with pleading eyes.

'Fine, fine. Enough for today', I say, giving in.

'Yayy!', she says sarcastically and gets up. I rise up too. 'I am hungry', she says, almost like an order. I chuckle and go to the kitchen, Anna following close behind.

I was going to open a drawer where mom sometimes keeps biscuits when the phone rang. 'Be right back', I tell her and goes to the living room.

********

Anna POV

Allen went to take the phone, leaving me in the small kitchen. I actually like the kitchen. There's a sliding glass door which brings a lot of sunshine. There were tiny flower pots with blooming flowers of different colours.

My stomach grumbled again. I sigh and open the fridge....

.....staring at the emptiness.

I am always used to seeing my fridge stuffed with things. Mom always keep all my favourite on the top racks. Ham sandwhiches, salads, small milk cartons etc etc.

What I've never seen is an almost empty fridge. There was a glass jar with milk, yoghurt, Leftover food. Some random vegetables in the bottom rack.

My chest feels squeezed and uncomfotable. I shut the door and turn, just as Allen enter the kitchen.

'So, what where we doing? Oh, right. Food',  he says opening a drawer. I touch his arm, stopping him. He looks at my hand on his bicep, then at me. 'I'm not hungry anymore', I say softly, smiling at him.

He looks at me, confusion clear in his handsome face.

I sigh. 'I was just kidding. You know, diverting you from making me learn'. 

He laughs. 'Thats fine, but we can eat now---'

'No need for that', I press on gently.

He looks at me blankly. We stand there staring at each other until it becomes too uncomfortable that I turn my gaze away from him.

He clears his throat. 'Shall we go back then?', he asks. I simply nod.

We sit on the couch. I fold my arms on my lap. 'Where's Nadine?', I ask.

Its not like I want to see her. But I was curious. He usually talks about her.

Allen's face contorts into pain , so much pain, that I gasp.'What happened?', I ask,'are you hurt?'.

He doesnt reply, so  hesitantly put an arm over him, and he lean into me. His face is dangerously close to my neck, making me squirm.

'We broke up', he says quickly.

Oh.

They broke up.Should I feel happy, or sad?

I dont pry him by asking him why they broke up, and instead, pull him more closer. His head is now in the crook of my neck, and my breath hitches. My neck suddently feels wet.

My sweet Allen is crying.

Somehow, the school's toughest girl, me, sobs softly too.

************

Thank you people for reading this!! Dont forget to vote and comment!