Secret

Allen POV

I trudge along the crowded street

I trudge along the crowded street. I walk all the way to school, sometimes in the bycycle, if Alice is sick or if she doesnt go to college. I still cant believe what I told Anna yesterday. It seems like a dream. Not to mention the fact that I leaned into her and cried all over her expensive looking sweater.

Somehow, I knew it was not right. Other than Nadine, I have never been near a girl that close.But she acted so normal, putting her arm around me. We've never been that close.

Somebody bumps into me and apologize. I look up to the Citadel School, towering high. I see a black SUV coming from the other side. Anna was driving it.

I smile involuntarily.

She doesnt see me. Instead, she parks the car and gets out.She had her hair in a high pony.

How can that girl look so good?

She is greeted by a squealing Sydney, Blake, Dave and Scarlette.Scarlette sees me and waves at me. This makes all the othes turn towards me. Blake yells 'Hey bro!', and gestures me to go nar them.

All greets me warmly. All except Anna.

She smiles up at me.  A warm smile that makes her green eyes bright with happiness.

A smile that turns my insides into jelly.

A smile everyone notices.

'Whats going on here?', Dave asks, teasingly.

'Nothing', Anna and I say at the same time.

'Really?', Scarlette asks, nudging Anna's elbow.

Anna smacks Scar's arm.'Really', she confirms, glaring at her best friend.

'Someone's in love..', Sydney sings, winking at me.

'Nobody's in love here. Except you and Blake', Anna says, flushing bright red.

Sydney sighs dramatically. Blake pops a gum right when the bell rings. 'So', Blake says,' you didnt come to our hangout last month, Allen. Will you come for the next one?'.

I laugh. 'Do you guys have a hangout every month?', I ask. We all start walking to the school.

Blake shrugs. 'Depends on the girls mood', he says. 'Hey! We never asked for a party', Sydney says, pouting.

I interrupt before they start a fight. 'I'll come', I say.

'Great', Dave says.'its in Anna's place. I'll pick you up tommorrow night. At seven'.

I nod in approval. We part ways in to go to different classes. Scarlette's there in most of the classes, and we always pair up. Its actually fun to hang out with them. First class was Human Biology. Scarlette sits next to me, scrolling through Instagram.

My phone buzzes. There was a message for me. The senders name makes me tense immediately.

Nadine: Heyy. Miss u a lot 2day.

I sigh. What sould I do with this girl?

I reply "Fuck off"and put the phone down when I see the teacher coming in.

*********

Annalie POV

I wish Allen sat with me here, instead of Jade

The teacher had to make us lab partners for the year. My arch enemy. The girl who stole my boyfriend.

My ex.

She keeps checking this tiny compact mirror. She wore a thin, transsparent blouse and a miniskirt.

She was named The Slut of the school last week by some jocks.

I agree with them 100%. But wanna know how she reacted. By sashaying around the school,showing off her new panties. That girl will be the death of me. We keep sending each other angry glares until the teacher has to make us stand us.

'Anna and Jade', she says exasperatedly,'cant you both write down what I say? Do you have to keep staring at each other?'.

Great. Now she thinks I'm homosexual. But Jade is. I have seen her make out with a few girls on pool parties. she's angry at me for that'.'But miss', Jade says innocently, 'Annalie here told me to do all the work. But I told her no. She's angry at me because of that',

I gasp. The nerve of her!The teacher( I always forget her name) looks at me suspicously.I glare at Jade. 'Oh', Jade excalims,'dont glare at me Annalie. Sorry'.

The teacher sighs and motions us to sit. Thank God.

After the class, I rush out, but someone pulls me behind. Jade.

She sneers at me. 'Now what?', I ask angrily.

She rolls her eyes. 'Isnt it me who is supposed to ask you that, cheerleader?'.

I look at her, puzzled. 'I saved the both of us from near embarrasment. And you go without saying thank you?'. 'Saved me', I ask, 'by putting me in a bad light on that teacher?'.

Jade ignores me. 'By the way, are you and Allen a thing now? What about his sweet girlfriend Nadine?'.

'I dont know', I say stiffly, and turn away from her.

Allen told me about his breakup like he was afraid of it. Like its a secret.

So I intend to keep it a secret. A secret between my Allen and me.

******