Mama

You open your (e/c) eyes to see the dark interior of your room and start putting on your frilly black dress- the one with blood red roses attached to it. You do all this slowly, careful not to rip the gown- Mama wasn't pleased with you the last time you did that.

" Is my little doll ready?"

"Yes Mama" you reply as the plump ghoul walks in.

You sit in your chair as she brushes your hair. She does it roughly, but you stay still- you've learnt not to fidget while Mama does this as she gets angry when you move.

"Is my little [y/n] -chan ready for today's performance?~" she asked is a sing-song voice.

"Yes Mama"

"Mama is going to greet the guests and [y/n] -chan is going to go down to see Juuzou while Mama does that, okay?"

You make your way down to the dungeons as your Mama walks away to greet the guests- she was so popular! Smiling at the thought of your Mama saying hello to all of the guests and having everybody smile back at her, you start skipping along the dimly lit passage-way. They were wearing masks, but you were sure they had happy expressions under them. You were proud to have such a crowd-pleasing woman as your mother.

"Mama?" a quiet voice came out of a small cell.

He must've heard your footsteps. And you wanted to surprise him too...

Oh well.

"Nope, it's me" you say, jumping in front of his cell.

"Oh, hi [Y/n]"

" It's nearly time for your performance!" You were moving back and forth with excitement.

The white-haired male smiled.

"I hope I can earn a lot of good boy points today" he said, smiling to himself.

"Nee, Rei, can you guess what Mama told me yesterday?"

"Hmmm, is she going to buy you a new dress?"

"No" you giggle, unable to contain your excitement.

"I'M GOING TO PERFORM WITH YOU TODAY!" your shouts echoed loudly around the dungeon walls, but you were far too delighted to notice.

The smile on Rei's face dropped immediately.

"Your good girl points..." he began, but trailed off.

"Mama said I wasn't ready for them yet." you pouted, wondering why your friend looked so relieved when you said it.

"I'm sure you'll get them soon" he said, trying to soothe you.

"I hope so"

<Time Skip>

You looked out through the metal gates and saw all the people sitting around the stage. To you, it looked like there could've been millions and millions of them. For two years, you've been watching Rei perform in the opening performances and later on, saw him working as a scrapper under the name "Juuzou".

After performing in the opening, you grinned widely as Rei handed you a black mask and a butterfly knife patterned with roses. You twisted the butterfly knife around in your hand. Rei taught you how to handle it after you'd begged him to help you over and over again. You grinned as the gates lifted themselves up to let the two Scrappers into the arena.

"For our last act, please welcome Juuzou and his princess!"

............................................................................................

(a/n) You and Juuzou are both 13 at this time if anyone was wondering.

This was my first character x reader fan fiction- I hope you liked it!

Please tell me if you found any mistakes.