Juuzou and his Princess: Investigation 8

When you arrived at the ghoul prison, the CCG investigators were split up into different groups to take care of the various ghouls that were loose in the building. In the midst of all the chaos, your friend managed to slip away unnoticed by the other investigators, but not by you.

You were finally able to get away from your group, but not until the white haired male was well out of sight.

Starting to panic, you ran as quietly as you could around the corridors- the last thing you needed right now was a ghoul to fight.

You were considering the option of going back to your group when you hear a familiar sequence of footsteps.

Somehow, you were always able to distinguish Rei from other people in a large crowd whether it was his posture or just the way he walked.

Letting out a sigh of relief, you run towards the sound, glad to have a sense of familiarity in the strange building- the prison was designed so the ghouls would have a hard time getting outside, but as a person who hasn't been in it before, you also had a hard time navigating your way around inside of the structure.

As you followed the footsteps, all the relief you'd felt upon hearing your friend was immediately washed away by the sight in front of you.

"Look at that,  [y/n] ~"  Rei spoke,  disturbingly cheerful considering the situation

"Look at that, [y/n] ~" Rei spoke, disturbingly cheerful considering the situation. "It's like a class reunion! "

You stared at the two girls, it couldn't be...

Kurona and Nashiro...?

"I've always wanted to try an experiment. If you kill one twin out of a set, does the other one die too? "

You hugged the suitcase to your chest- it couldn't be. Not them. How were you supposed to kill the people that have been nice to you?

"What do you think [y/n]? "

You stared at your friend in horror.

He wouldn't.

"Whose insides do you think is longer?" the white haired male laughed, happy to have finally been able to try out his experiment.

"Please don't..." the words came out as a mere whisper, but it was enough to get the attention of your friend.

"What do yo-"

The albino's words were cut off when the twins came charging at him, kakuhos coming out of their back.

You felt something snap inside you as you watched Rei's blood come shooting out of his body

These people weren't your friends. They were monsters.

"No," the words came out as you changed your suitcase into it's quinque form.
"Dont think badly of us."

You stood in the space between Rei and the twins and successfully slashed Nashiro with your scythe. A large gash opened on her torso, splattering blood onto the floor.

You weren't going to let anyone mess with Rei and get away with it.

Not while you were still alive.

Juuzou's P. O. V

I grinned as a blood stained Nashiro fell onto the ground. I haven't seen [y/n] this serious in a long time. This was going to be fun.

Before Kurona could react to her twin collasping, I stabbed her in the eyes and imbedded the bikaku switchblades into the ghoul's skin.

[Y/n] was right,  Scorpion 1/56 could really come in handy sometimes

[Y/n] was right, Scorpion 1/56 could really come in handy sometimes.

"Kurona!" the white haired twin tried to reach out to her dark haired counterpart.

"Nashiro! "

I watched as the injured ghoul reached out desperately to her sister. How boring.

As I positioned my Jason to get rid of Nashiro, I saw a flash of red sever off her arm.

"It's your turn next Kurona~" [Y/n] sang, smiling as she wielded her scythe, a murderous aura surrounding her like a mist.

As she lifted up her quinque to deliver the final blow, Kurona lifted up her twin and carried her away.

I heard a gentle voice call out to me as watched as the two hooded figures disappear from sight.

"Are you okay?" her eyes were filled with the usual, warming concern; all the traces of bloodlust from the fight were gone.

"I'm fine." I spoke the same phrase I always used to reassure her, but this time I meant it.

Somehow, the wound didn't worry me as much as it should've.

Somehow, the fact that two functioning humans decided to become ghouls didn't matter to me at all.

Somehow, the frustration I always felt when I let a ghoul get away didn't bother me anymore now.

Now, I just smiled as [y/n] stitched up my wound.

It felt nice to know that whatever happened, [y/n] would still be by my side. And I'd always be by hers.