Juuzou and his Princess: Investigation 6

You sighed,  collapsing into the large pile of books in front of you.

"I don't like studying..." you mumble to no one in particular.

A chuckle came from the white haired male opposite of you who also happened to be sitting behind another huge pile of books.

"We're gonna have to study to get our quinques though."

You'd never thought that Rei would ever study this seriously,  but it seems that the prospect of getting a quinque could motivate him to do just about anything. Shinohara-san had given the two if you study guides for the written test and interview in order to get promoted and your friend had been working non-stop.

[In the CCG the higher the rank,  the better quinques you could get. In order to get promoted to a higher rank,  you need to pass a written exam and an interview. Right now you are Rank 3, so you'll be rank 2 investigators (if you pass the exams that is)]

Juuzou's P.O.V

I looked back down at the page that talked about RC cells when [y/n] shut her book.

"I don't like this." she pouted.

[Y/n] can be really stubborn sometimes,  but I don't mind-she could get really cute when she's acting childish.

"How about we make a deal? " I suggested, thinking of a way to get [y/n]  motivated.

"A deal?"

"Yup~" I nodded,  giving her a smile "I'll help you with the studying if you help me with my interview."

Shinohara-san gave us mock interviews and he said that I was too "informal" and that some of my answers could be "disturbing".
[Y/n]  did really well on her test,  though, so she could teach me.

"Pleeease?" I begged her "I wanna get promoted, but there's no point if we don't do it together."

"Okay then!" she beamed brightly and I grinned back- her smiles always made me feel happy.

-------------------+---------------------

Your P. O.V

You put the list of interview questions on the table that you arranged for the mock interview.

Rei had helped you study for the written exams and, somehow,  he'd managed to make the studying fun. You smiled as you remembered his hair tickling your face when he tried to see the book you were holding. Rei alway as managed to make things more fun.

The door creaked open,  revealing a white haired male wearing neat official clothes. He walked in awkwardly,  blushing when he noticed your eyes on him.

"These clothes feel weird... "

"We're gonna have to this to get our quinques,  remember? " you giggled a little at your words,  happy to have been able to use the same quote Rei used to force you to study.

"I want to wear my suspenders."

You couldn't help but smile when the albino crossed his arms- your friend could be really cute when he was being stubborn, just like a little kid.

"I'll take you to the zoo if we get through this."

"Promise? " the albino's orbs glowed with excitement.

"Yup~"

"What're we waiting for then?!" your friend spoke cheerfully as he practically jumped onto the chair.
"Let's get started! "

-----------------+------------------

You hummed happily to yourself as you watched your friend cheerfully feeding the giraffes, enjoying the peaceful feeling that you haven't felt in such a long time.

If only these times could last forever...

---------------+----------------

[A/n]  Sorry for the filler-ish chapter- I wanted to write a fun and light-hearted chapter after all the dark ones I've written recently.

// I also had fun putting in the parallels between you and Juuzou.(try reading it again to find them)