Juuzou and his Princess: Lesson 5

You braided Rei's hair while you waited for Kurona and Nashiro to finish with Shizuku's funeral. Rei didn't feel like going and you didn't think you could take it, so you kept your friend company while he killed ants and collected them in a pile.

Juuzou's P. O. V

Just when [y/n] finished braiding my hair, the twins walked up to us. I wished they'd leave us alone.

"[Y/n], can you please help me look for my purse? " the white haired one spoke. "I think I dropped it somewhere around here. "

I looked up at the black haired one when [y/n] followed the other twin.

"What do you want? "

The black haired twin didn't answer. I think her name is Kurona.

"Your twin didn't really lose her purse did she? "

"[Y/n] 's a nice person and frankly, I think you're a horrible influence on her. "

I kicked the corpses of the ants, scattering them across the ground.

"[Y/n] can live a normal, happy life, but you can't. And now you're just holding her back. "

I remained silent, waiting for her to continue with her lecture, but she walked away, probably to find her twin. The twins sure spouted a lot of nonsense.

I can't possibly be holding [y/n] back, right?

-------------+-------------

Despite it being 1 in the morning, you sat on the sofa watching a horror movie. You've always had trouble going to sleep, but it's been getting even worse lately.

Your eyes unglued themselves from the screen when a warm blanket was enveloped around you.

"Are the nightmares back again? "

You nodded as the white haired boy sat down next to you.You let him play with your hair while you watched the movie in silence.

Rei was wearing shorts, exposing the stitches you gave him on his thighs. His stitches were a bright , glowing red just like his eyes. In the dimly lit room, your friend's orbs gleamed brightly. You start to feel like you hadn't appreciated his eyes enough until now. They were really beautiful.

"Nee, [y/n]" Rei spoke quietly, as if afraid to break the silence around him. "Am I holding you back? "

You might've laughed at the question if you hadn't spotted the look of genuine concern and fear in his eyes.

"I don't want to hold you back..." he used the quiet voice again.

"Of course not! " you say indignantly.
"I'm pretty sure I'm holding you back"

"No, silly! " Rei shook his head while smiling. "I mean, you already saved my life once. "

You were puzzled until he tugged his stitches gently.

"That's what friends are for, right? "

You watched the albino's orbs brighten as you gave him a smile.

"Right. " he gave you his signature closed eye smile, adding a little more light in the dark room.

As you watched horror movie after horror movie wrapped in a blanket with your friend, you felt a sense of peace that had been completely unfamiliar to you lately.

You let yourself fall asleep, nightmares didn't scare you now, not when Rei was right next to you.