CCG

"We found them in the hands of the ghouls"

"The girl passed out from lack of food and oxygen.  She was getting strangled be a corset when we found her. "

"We can't keep them,  they're way too violent- they'll create a bad image on the CCG!"

You keep your eyes closed,  trying to make sense of the situation you were in.

Around you,  you could hear machines beeping quietly,  the footsteps of the people in the same room as you and the people who were talking about you in the next room were talking so loudly that you didn't even need to make an effort to hear them.

The sheets covering you were soft and you realised that you could no longer feel the pressure of the corset around your back.

The air didn't smell like blood anymore.

Eyes still closed, you try to recall the recent events. You were tied in a chair for the performance, Rei was trapped in the gates and-

Wait.

Where was Rei?!

You sat up so suddenly that the nurse next to you dropped the tray  she was holding.  A small cry escaped from her mouth as you sped out of the room, snatching a pair of sharp scissors along the way.

Frantically trying to find your friend,  you speed through all the floors of the building, but your friend was missing.

You start to panic- the only place left was the roof and if he wasn't there then that meant that he got left behind.

"Or they could've killed him" said a voice in your head,  but you blocked it out.  Rei wasn't dead.  He couldn't be.

---------------+-----------------

Juuzou's P. O. V

I sat on the rooftop by myself, feeling the evening breeze on my skin. 

The men took [y/n] away

The men took [y/n] away. I tried to kill one of them to get her back,  but they seemed to be helping her. I wonder why.  Maybe they just wanted new performers.

I pretended to be walking on a tightrope on the edge of the roof when I heard someone climbing up to join me. 

Your P. O. V

"Rei,  are you there?! "

You started to feel nervous when there was no answer,  but that nervousness was unnecessary.

"[Y/n]!!!" 

Your friend jumped at you despite the fact that you were both on the rooftop and pulled you into a big bear hug.

"I missed you. " he pouted as you detached yourself from him.

"I missed you too. " you said, giving him a small smile- he probably didn't hear you screaming his name on the lower floors and you weren't planning to tell him either- screaming is unladylike.

You let Rei play with your hair as you stared up at the sky.  Everything was going to be different now, but that was okay.

As long as Rei was there with you, you'd be happy to face anything.