Juuzou and his Princess: Investigation 3

You sat in the quiet meeting room,  silently munching [favourite snack]. Rei wanted to be the first person to have arrived to the meeting so he woke you up really early and made sure that he walked through the door before you.

The creak of an opening door signified the arrival if a newcomer in the quiet room.

The albino greeted them

"Good morning,  Amon-san. " you spoke to the person that had just entered the room.

"Good morning ,Suzuya, [l/n]."

"We were the first ones here! "

You couldn't help but smile at your friend's enthusiasm about arriving the first.

"What are you guys wearing? It's not appropriate." Amon looked really tired.

"Sorry... " you say looking down guiltily at your frilly dress. Mama had always made you wear these dresses and you felt uncomfortable when you wore anything else.

"What's wrong with it,  Rank 1 investigator Amon?"

The stitches...

[Flashback]

"Nee~,  [y/n] " the white haired male poked your cheek as you tired to fix your ripped dress.

"I'm not giving you my snacks."

"That's mean." he pouted "but that's not what I want. "

"What do you want then? "  you put the sewing down and turned to face your friend.

"Teach me how to make stitches."

"Stitches? "

"Yup~"  he pointed down at the stitches on his thighs.  "You made these,  right?"

You nodded, remembering the panic you experienced as you stitched the red thread into his skin.

"Show me how. "

You gave him an uncertain look.

"Pleeeeeease?"  the albino gave you his signature puppy eyes.

"Fine. Promise you won't stitch other people without their permission? "

"I promise." Rei wrapped his pinky around yours.

*

"Y/n!!! " your friend cried,  putting his arm in front of your eyes. "Look! "

Red stitches were spiralling up his right arm and neck, matching the ones you gave him on his thighs.

"Don't they look nice? "

You nodded,  stitches were usually seen as ugly things to be covered up,  but they looked really good on Rei. The bright,  red strings matched the colour of his eyes.

"This way I can always remember you even when we're apart!"

"Remember me?"

"You saved my life after all. " he pointed down at his thighs.

"That was nothing." you spoke more firmly this time- it was just a few stitches and Rei had repaid the debt several times already.

"Well, these stitches mean the world to me."

You were surprised at how serious he was about the strings of red thread. He'd helped you multiple times while you were in Mama's care, wrapping up your wounds and making sure you were still breathing while you slept.

"Just like the way you mean the world to me,  [y/n]!"

You smiled into the bear hug he gave you. "You mean the world to me too."

//Flashback end

You snapped back to reality when someone pushed a lollipop into your mouth.

"Did you hear that, y/n?! "

"Hear what?" you'd zoned out for the entire meeting. You sucked on the lollipop as you watched the people leave the conference room one by one.

"I'm going to get a new quinque if I kill the binge eater! " the albino was bubbling with excitement.

"That's great!"

Your friend really wanted a new quinque, but you were more than happy with Scorpion 1/56- the switchblades meant a lot to you. Rei went through all the trouble of getting the blades for you and you weren't planning on giving them up anytime soon.

Your friend happily pulled you out of the conference room,  excited by the prospect if getting a new quinque

"[Y/n],  Juuzou,  you're coming with me."  Shinohara-san came striding in your direction when he spotted the two of you.

"What's wrong?" you've never seen him so anxious before.

"The authorities have just found the bodies of 3 people cut up into 200 pieces-we're going to have to go visit the crime scene."