Chapter 7

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Chapter 7:

"So, since our group meeting was cut a bit short yesterday, we can finally start fresh on schedule," Ms

"So, since our group meeting was cut a bit short yesterday, we can finally start fresh on schedule," Ms. Donavon said in her sickly sweet tone. She glanced at me and cleared my throat. I shook my head and laid back on the chair. Yeah, it's my fault you don't know how to run therapy with stressed-out students. Why the hell did I get out of bed?

"We should start a dialogue on anything you want. Personal or impersonal, hobbies, family, ice cream flavor, celebrity crushes, inspirations, anything you want." She clapped and looked around us. We were all hesitant to start. I heard someone clicking the end of their pen.

I had the urge to sneak out, we're not kids that have to go around sharing our favorite colors in a circle. The Olivia girl raised her hand and opened her mouth, "I'll start. I like cookie dough ice cream." Her lips were in a small grin as she adjusted in the chair.

"Rocky road," a dude with blonde hair sitting next to spoke up with a wave and pulled out his black spiral journal.

"Is there gonna be a test?" I joked, pointing at his book.

"Just taking notes, if you don't mind," he smiled with a toothy grin.

"That's perfectly fine, Hank," Ms. Donavon said before glaring at me. "What about you, Damien?"

"I'm more of a Neapolitan, vanilla bean. I don't care." I shrugged.

"TV Shows. Anyone watch anything binge-worthy?" Ms. Donavon wondered. "I am really getting into Grace and Frankie."

"Is that the show with the two old women that live together because their husbands are lovers?" A girl with straight black hair asked while frowning.

"Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda, yes! I enjoy it." Ms. Donavon nodded with a wide smile.

"I love Stranger Things," Hank mentioned.

"Me too!" Olivia giggled. They both high fived each other.

"My boyfriend tells me that I love it way more than him."

"Then he should know how amazing it is. I can't wait for the next season!"

"Me too," he responded. I sat watching them exchange their words. I didn't know what the hell any of them were talking about.

"How long have you been with him?" she questioned.

"Since junior year in high school. Are you seeing anyone?" He asked.

Olivia shook her head, "I don't think anyone would be interested." Oh, she's single. A girl like her probably have a boyfriend every three months. She' s nuts for thinking that.

"What makes you say that, Olivia?" Ms. Donavon asked, leaning forward on her thighs.

She puttered her lips, "I don't know, I haven't really thought of it. Maybe boys wouldn't like someone like me." She let out a shaky laugh.

"Yep," the same girl with straight black hair agreed and shook her head.

"Let's delve into that a bit more. Summer, what are your thoughts on it?"

"Um, well we're young. In college, and still figuring things out. Adults expect us to have it all figured out by the time we turn 21 and graduate. Find our soulmate, have a family. I don't even know if I want to keep my major. Or have kids. I want to date on my own terms, I like taking my time. Us girls are so pressured with sex and hooking up. We're either slut-shamed if we hook up or prudes if we don't. Boys have it so easy." She shook her head when she finished.

"You think we have it easy? In this world, we're supposed to know it all before we know ourselves. We're supposed to be the masculine ones, ones that don't feel pain or emotion. Like we're robots," Hank chimed in. I drifted out of the conversation, swaying my head left and right pretending to listen. All of their voices began to jumble together, I blinked and nodded.

"Damien?" My name was called.

"Huh?" I wondered.

"What do you think about dating?" Ms. Donavon asked, crossing her legs. How did this fall on me?

"I don't date," I answered quickly and impatiently.

"You're afraid to fall in love?"

"I just don't date." And it's none of their fucking business.

"Is it just sex for you?" Olivia blurted, her eyes widened and placed her hand on her mouth. I scoffed playfully at the way she asked the question fiercely. "Sorry. I just remembered the first meeting that you said- sorry. Forget I said anything." Olivia sat up straighter and avoided eye contact as she stared at her knees.

I chuckled, "not always. Mostly hands stuff." Okay, there's some spunk in her. Hank jotted down in his journal while Olivia chewed on her bottom lip.

"That is interesting. Do you all think love and sex blur out things? At your age, intimacy can be confusing and tense. When you do become intimate with someone, communication should be established beforehand," she informed us in a tone that made me physically ill.

"I already had the talk with my dad, it was shorter than this," I said sarcastically. Some chuckles were sounded. Others shook their heads and scoffed.

"Maybe someone's first time wouldn't be so easy or short," she told me, her words were slow and timely. Mostly everyone agreed in the circle.

"And I get that, I really do." I meant that, without the sarcasm. However, everyone looked at me like I was kidding.

"So you're action and no talk?" Pam asked.

"Communication is established beforehand, trust me," I repeated and smiled tightly and stood up, "I'm outta here."

"The hour isn't over yet, Damien," she frowned.

"I have to go," I simply said.

"Why?"

"It's an emergency."

"Pertaining?"

"My cousin." She said nothing else, her face became expressionless. I handed her my sheet, she signed her name on the sheet and handed it back. I rushed out of the door without another thought.

 I rushed out of the door without another thought