Chapter 13

💞💞💞💞

Chapter 13:

It was weird waking up in someone else's bed this morning

It was weird waking up in someone else's bed this morning. Comforting, but weird. He wasn't family, and I wasn't in my home. I tossed around. It's a habit of mine. It took a while to get used to my cousins' place when I stayed over on weekends. At least he smelled nice. His cologne wasn't overpowering. It was a quiet ride; I stared out the window, peeking over to him as he drove tensely. When he dropped me off, I called Penny to see if she was in. She didn't pick up. I knocked twice. The door opened slowly, and she smiled tiredly. Thank God, I didn't have to wait in the hallway. Penny's hair was scattered all over her head. She was in her same outfit from last night and wearing sunglasses when I entered.

"Morning," I said in a low tone, shutting the door behind me.

She cleared her throat, "morning." Her voice was gruff. She took a sip from her cup on the nightstand.

"You okay?" I asked with concern after the almost raid. Her eyes were hooded. She rubbed her face and groaned.

"Yeah, I barely remember anything after the party. I woke up at Issac's, he told me everything. He texted you last night while I was passed out. I just got in before you knocked."

"Oh," I extended the word in understanding, not surprised that she didn't remember much. I sat on my bed, criss crossing my legs over.

"Where'd you head off to?" She asked, taking off her shoes, threw them in the corner, removing the sunglasses. She blinked rapidly and rubbed her eyes with her palms.

"I stayed over a friend's place." Well, could I call him a friend? He was more of an acquaintance. Or a classmate. Companion?

"Who?"

"This guy from the party."

"Ooo. was he cute?"

"Yeah, I guess." I answered dismissively. Damien was being nice last night, sharing a bed to sleep. I didn't even know what was going to happen. All I knew was that I needed to keep my distance while we slept. His muscled body and strong jawline was a distraction enough. I was surprised I got any sleep. Good sleep, even.

"Is he someone I know?" She wondered.

"The racer that won."

"Details, please." Her fingers gesture for more info.

"Damien. Black hair, blue eyes. Sharp jawline." I almost drifted off. The way he concentrated on the road he would have this icy stare. I didn't want to get caught staring, I had to look the other way. I felt like a stalker. Before he slept, I peeked at his defined abs. I must have been one.

"Did you have fun?" She quirked her eyebrows suggestively.

"No way." I giggled nervously, adjusting my shirt. No way. He said he wasn't in the mood, anyway. Not that I wanted to in the first place.