the COMFORT-2

Sakura closed her eyes and bit her lip, Don't cry! Don't cry Sakura! Don't cry in front of him! she thought, feeling the tears continuing to sting her eyes.

"Sakura-chan, did you hear me?" Naruto paused, Sakura looked up at him with tears in her eyes. Naruto turned fully towards her, "Sakura-chan, you're crying..."

"I'm sorry! I didn't want to! Not in front of you!" Sakura cried.

"I knew something was wrong. What happened?" Naruto asked, turning her stool towards him. He gently placed his hands on her shoulders. "Talk to me."

Sakura lip quivered, tears fell from her eyes, her hands trembled, "It's-it's Sasuke-kun, he-he was cheating on me!"

Sakura's words rang through Naruto's head. Anger began to spread through the blond, a frown formed on his face. Sasuke knew how much Sakura loved him and he turns around and-no, this was something that was not going fly. Naruto got up from his stool and went out of the ramen shop.

"Nar-Naruto, where are you going?!" Sakura exclaimed.

"I'm going to find Sasuke! I'm not going to let him get away with hurting you!"

Sakura ran up to Naruto and grabbed his arm, "No, Naruto, please he's not worth it!"

Naruto stopped and looked down at Sakura. Her head was pressed up against Naruto's arm as she continued to cry, "Please, just stay with me..." she whimpered.

Naruto eyes lowered as he wrapped his arms around Sakura gently. His anger slowly began to fade into sorrow for the girl he loved. He hated it when she cried.

"It's alright Sakura-chan," Naruto said, touching the back of her head. "Everything will be okay."

Sakura continued to cry, burying herself into him. This pain was unbearable, she could hardly take it. If it weren't for Naruto being with her, she would have felt even worse. Naruto was always there for her. In the good times and bad, in the happy and sad times. He genuinely cared for her, he always had, and probably always would.

"I'll hold you as long as I have to," she heard him say. "I'll do anything to make you happy again Sakura-chan. Your smile lights up my life."

Sakura closed her eyes. Yes, she knew now this was true; though other guys would hurt her, there was only one guy she knew for sure wouldn't. And that was none other than the famous knucklehead, goofball, ramen lovin', ninja, Naruto Uzumaki.

End