kISS

It was over, the war was finally over. No more fighting, no more deaths, no more dreams being crushed. Naruto smiled as people congratulated him for a job well done. He sighed with satisfaction, not only was the war over but his best friend, Sasuke Uchiha, had returned. It sudden and unexpected but he had appeared at the battlefield with his team, Orochimaru, and the four kage. His own dad had fought alongside him.

Naruto looked around looking for Sakura. He finally spotted her standing there talking with someone, he smiled and called out to her, "Sakura-chan!"

His smile slowly turned faded when the people in front of her moved. Sakura wasn't just talking with anyone, she standing there talking to Sasuke. He wasn't too surprised though, she did love him after all. Naruto turned away and closed his eyes, as long as Sakura is happy, that's all that mattered. He smiled a bit.

As long as she's happy… he thought.

Sakura looked up at Sasuke, he down at her, "I'm sorry for hurting you, Sakura and for almost taking your life. Could you ever forgive me?"

Sakura smiled a bit, "You're my teammate, of course I forgive you."

"Thank you," Sasuke said with a nod.

Sakura nodded back and continued to look up at Sasuke. Yes this was the Sasuke she used to know, who she loved, who she wanted to be with. Sakura touched her heart, it wasn't pounding like used to when she was around Sasuke. Her cheeks weren't warm and red. Her palms weren't sweaty and her knees weren't buckling.

I'm happy that Sasuke-kun is here. But… I- her thoughts trailed off as she felt Sasuke's hand touch her shoulder gently.

Her eyes met Sasuke, "Sakura," he began. "I can tell, I'm not the one you want to be with right now." Sasuke's eyes looked in another direction, Sakura began to search what he was looking at. After a few moments she saw that he was looking at Naruto.

"Wha-what?" she stammered. "You think I want to be with Naruto? Sasuke-kun you know I-"

"No, I can see it, you're not in love with me anymore," Sasuke cut her off. "It's Naruto."

Sakura watched as Naruto interacted with his fellow comrades, Lee, Kiba, Tenten, Shino, Sai, Ino, and… Hinata. Hinata was standing right there next Naruto, smiling and giggling. Sakura watched as Hinata touched Naruto's shoulder, he looked down and smiled at her in return. Sakura perched her lips, that's the second time Hinata made physical contact with Naruto.

"Are you jealous?" Sasuke continued. "Hinata seems to like Naruto, a lot."

"She does, she loves Naruto." Sakura replied, looking away from the scene.

"And you do too, I can see the jealousy in your eyes Sakura."

Sakura looked over at Sasuke, he was right, she was jealous. Naruto was the one she loved- her eyes widened as a faint blushed appeared on her cheeks. Naruto… she loved… Naruto. After months and months of wondering what these feelings that she had towards Naruto were, she finally figured it out. It took Sasuke, the one she thought she loved, to help her finally realize that Naruto was who she deeply and truly loved.

Sakura smiled up at Sasuke, he smiled a bit back her and nodded, "Go to him."

Sakura turned and ran in the direction Naruto was in, "Naruto!" she called. Naruto and the others looked over seeing Sakura running towards them. Naruto turned fully around, watching the pinkette run towards him, shouting his name. What was this all the sudden? Why wasn't she with Sasuke?

"Sakura-chan! Why aren't you with-!" he paused as Sakura threw her arms around Naruto.

Naruto eyes widened, looking down at his comrade in shock, "Sakura-chan? What are you doing?"

"Naruto…" she whispered, burying herself into him.

Naruto's face turned a deep red, "Sakura-chan, why are you hugging me? Shouldn't you be hugging Sasuke? You love him after all…"

Sakura shook her head, a bright blush appeared as she stared into Naruto's eyes, "No, Naruto. I've finally realized it's you I really love!"

Naruto couldn't believe what he just heard, Sakura just said she loved him. He looked into Sakura's green eyes, Sakura stared back into Naruto blue ones. He tilted his head little, "Do you mean it, Sakura-chan?"

"Baka, I meant it the first time, I was-was just conflicted, but now, now I know I do truly love you," Sakura said. "I want to be with you, Naruto."

It only took a moment for Naruto to realize that Sakura was being honest with him. He smiled brightly, he only had dreamt of this moment. Naruto held Sakura close to him, "I love you too, I've always love you, Sakura-chan…"

Sakura and Naruto stared into each others eyes, forgetting that the others were watching them. Naruto leaned forward a bit, his lips quivering. "Sakura-chan?"

"Yes, Naruto?"

"Can I- kiss you?"

Sakura blushed deeply at the question, but nodded "Yes but, no funny business, alright?"

"Okay, okay…" he chuckled, before pressing his lips to Sakura's.

Sakura slowly closed her eyes. Never in her wildest dreams did she think that she would want to be with Naruto. Sakura never thought she would ever fall in love with him. But, now here she was kissing him, holding him in front of everyone. She could hear people, 'ooohing' and 'awwwing' behind them, but at the moment she didn't care what they thought…

End.