0

chapter 0
preface

synopsis

Mia Hansen is just about to start her senior year of high school, and all she wants to do is make the people in her life proud, to make up for those who have left. She's smart, driven, yet cautious about the world around her.

When Mia and her friend find an old article, regarding her father, Mia is determined to find the truth about her family's past. But Mia never expected this journey to lead her to so many new places...

A continuation of the 6-Time Tony Winning Musical, Dear Evan Hansen, this takes us a little more than 20 years after the events of the musical to the life of Evan Hansen and his daughter, as they find out new things about their family, but each other...

soundtrack

dear theodosia//hamilton. to build a home//the cinematic orchestra. see you again//wiz khalifa feat. charlie puth. unsteady//x ambassadors. she used to be mine//waitress. for forever//dear evan hansen. if i could tell her//dear evan hansen. you will be found//dear evan hansen. treacherous//taylor swift. i almost do//taylor swift. the girl with the glass//amélie. everything i know//in the heights. never be like you// flume feat. kai. when we were young//adele.

cast list
(basically obc with some additions)

ben platt as evan hansen

bridget satterlee as mia hansen

rachel bay jones as heidi hansen

laura dreyfuss as zoe murphy

mike faist as connor murphy

jennifer laura thompson as cynthia murphy

micheal park as larry murphy

kristolyn lloyd as alana beck

china anne mcclain as susan beck

will roland as jared kleinman

flofian neuville as chris armstead

john karna as aidan williams

author's note

Hi guys! So obviously, this is my first musical fanficion on this account, and I'm very excited to just dive in... This book might be a bit confusing, if you are unfamiliar with Dear Evan Hansen. I believe there is a full description on Wikipedia, but there is also a bootleg somewhere (it's on and off YouTube sometimes) and the script is available for purchase (and there could be a pdf online, but please don't download it, because I think that's illegal! I think just reading it is fine, but I'm not sure of all of the copyright rules for that). If you're unfamiliar with the story of Dear Evan Hansen, I suggest you check out one of these resources and listen to the soundtrack! There will be a lot of allusions to the musical (music and dialogue), since this is a continuation of the story.

Now, the show Dear Evan Hansen also deals with mental illnesses, and I know a lot of people in the Dear Evan Hansen have mental illnesses. I feel like this fan fiction wouldn't be as authentic if I didn't address some of the topics that are addressed in the musical. Therefore, I have provided trigger warnings at the beginning of each chapter. I don't have much experience with mental illness myself, and I feel like I should let you guys know that, just in case if I make any mistakes. I am working hard on getting some good research for the purpose of this book, but if I make any mistakes or miss any triggers, please feel free to comment and let me know. I am totally open to needed corrections, so everyone is comfortable reading my story.

Also, I would like to give limpblotter on Tumblr a shoutout, because I asked a couple of questions about the story, since I did have some things I had to work out.

I will be posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays, when it is ready. As of now, I have no set-release date, but if/when I do, I will announce it here and on my Tumblr.

EDIT: step into the sun deh: chapter i will be released on august 1st, 2017

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the story of Mia Hansen!