Nobody Kill My Vibe

I hope this is a dream. Please let this be a dream. How did this happen... Well I know how it happened but still...

You know those dreams where you asleep but half awake and you can't seem just to open your eyes? I was having one of those.

Colin and I had a little boy and he looked exactly like Colin as a baby. Colin had been at practice all day apparently and I was at home with my little man. I had called Colin twice and he didn't pick up. I got worried because he usually doesn't stay out this late. Soon he comes home drunk off of his ass. I cannot believe this is happening. Thankfully our kid was dead asleep and I knew he wouldn't be waking up for a while.

"Colin... Why the hell are you drunk?!"

"Who is Trayson, Shanya?"

I haven't heard that name in a while.

"Don't play dumb Shanya. Who. Is. He?" He says getting closer and closer.

"Wait. Why are you bringin' this up?"

"Answer me! Who is he?" At this moment I can actually say I'm terrified of him. I keep walking backwards and he keeps coming forward.

"H-he was just someone that I u-used to date in college..." I stumble out.

"Then why did Amber get my number and call me on the phone crying sayin' I should leave you because you're cheatin' on me with him!"

I cannot believe him right now. "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU FUCKING BELIEVE HER COLIN!" I shout. Damn.

"Befuckingcause she's been tellin' me shit all this month! I'm tired of hearing it. Are you or are you not cheating on me!"

"How would I cheat and he lives all the way in Florida!"

He just stares at me.

"I'm not Colin! Please don't do this..."

He looks like he could go right through me right now. He turns and walks out of the room.

"Colin!" I shout after him. He continues walking and struts out of the door. He leaves in a car I don't recognize and right there in the middle of my living room I'm bawling my eyes out. I take my wedding bands off and throw them across the room. This is the third time we've gotten into it about Amber and like a dumbass he fuckin' believes her.

"Colin no... Colin please come back to me. Please..." I say. I need him so much. "Colin... I'm sorry!" I shout to no one.

"Shanya..." I hear his voice say from behind me. I'm scared to turn around because I feel like he's gonna disappear.

"Shanya." Colin says more intensely. I feel his hand shake me and his arms wrap around me.

"Open your eyes baby doll..." I smile a little and open my eyes to see Colin looking down at me with a worried look on his face.

I raise up and realize I was breathing heavily and actually crying a little.

"What kind of dream was that? You were crying in your sleep and you were shaking. I got so worried and I tried to wake up but you kept saying Colin I'm sorry over and over. What's wrong?"

He looked so worry and shaken up. He hugged me to him and rocked us back and forth. That dream felt so real...

"Tell me what happened."

I sigh. "Well... You came home late from practice and you were drunk and mad because Amber was telling you shit about me and then you left..." I sounded so dumb.

"Shanya... I would never leave you. Ever. If I left you, I would never be the same. I wouldn't listen to her dumb shit either. I love you too much. I'm sorry you had a bad dream princess..."

I lay my head on his chest and listen to his heart beat. His arms wrap around me and I fall back asleep instantly.

It feels like I had only been asleep for five damn minutes when my alarm went off... I untangle myself from my sleeping boyfriend to get ready. I shower, brush my teeth, and then I realize I didn't bring clothes with me. I wrap my towel around me and peep out into my room. Colin is wide awake...shit. Shouldn't his ass still be sleeping.

"Good morning princess!" Colin says cheerily from my bed. I could beat his ass right now. I was hoping he was still asleep.

"Good morning Colin." I say back dry as hell.

"You gonna come out the bathroom?" Colin says giving me the bitch brow.

I give him one back and stride out the bathroom in my pink towel. I look back at him when I get to my closet and he's still staring.

"Wanna help me pick out an outfit Colin?"

"Hell yeah!" he hops off my bed and comes over to the closet. He picks me up and carries me to my dresser then goes back to the closet and shuts the door. Come to think of it, I've never seen a guy that can match clothes right down to a damn hat and watch. I'm just waiting to see what he'll come up with. I pick out a black lacy bra with matching panties. You ain't living right if you don't match your underwear.

"Carolina!" Colin calls out.

I walk to my closet and Colin turns around with a look of shock on his face. I then realize I'm standing in front of him with just a bra and panties on. Oh shit.

"So... What did you choose for me this mornin'?" I say leaning up against the door.

"So today you are wearing this black and white striped button down, with black high waisted jeans, black blazer and white heels."

"Wow. I love it to be honest." I say happily. I raise up and give him a kiss. I turn around and start to get dressed. After I'm dressed Colin hands me a black watch and three diamond studs to go with my outfit. I walk over to my bathroom and style my loose curls. I do a once over in the mirror and I grab my phone and purse and head out of my room

"Mmm you look so damn good baby doll..." I hear when I get to the kitchen. Colin picks me up and sits me on the counter. I wrap my arms around his neck and his hands go to my hips. He kisses my cheek and down my neck and I sit there and take it like I don't have to leave in ten minutes.

"Colin..." I whisper. His lips moved to mine and I kiss him back greedily.

"You still wanna go to work..." he whispered against my lips.

"Mmm not really. But I kinda have to." I mumble. We kiss some more and then I push him away and he pouts.

"Fine Carolina, go to work." he says dramatically.

He walks me out to the elevator.

"Text me when you get there okay? You know if you don't I'll come find you."

"Yes Daddy." I say dryly.

"You can't be doin' type shit like that to me princess." he says putting his hands on his hips.

I laugh at him. He's so dumb. "I'll see you later Colin." I pucker my lips and he leans to kiss me.

"Drive safe."

"I will. Text me when you get to the facility."

"Okay princess."

We say our goodbyes and drive our separate ways. Freakin' Colin Rand Kaepernick was in my apartment last night. This is the life I think to myself as I drive to work. I'm definitely livin' right. I had my oh so amazing job and amazing boyfriend. I ain't lettin' nobody kill my vibe.